The Tell-Tale Art (Tri-Star Investigations) by Lawrence E. Rothstein
About The Tell-Tale Art
The Tell-Tale Art (Tri-Star Investigations)
Mystery - Thriller
3rd in Series
Setting - Chicago, Provence
Publisher : Wild Rose Press
Publication date : April 13, 2026
Print length : 304 pages
Paperback ISBN-10 : 1509264876
ISBN-13 : 978-1509264872
Digital ISBN-13 : 978-1509264889
ASIN : B0GHZNJ17T
After a Chicago gallery owner’s apparent suicide is unmasked as murder, brilliant Marko Korb, intrepid Kelan Su, and dauntless Desmond St. Clair of Tri-Star Investigations hunt a killer. A tense stakeout, twin break-ins, and two brutal murders propel them into deciphering an artistic code, battling an international gang, rescuing a kidnapped colleague, and uncovering a cache of Nazi-looted art. With help from an old ally of Korb, the chase hurtles from Chicago’s mean streets through the countryside, culture, and cuisine of Provence—and back again. Every clue is a brushstroke; every step could be their last.
About Lawrence E. Rothstein
Writing mysteries is my third career. In all of my careers as a lawyer, a university professor, and now as an author of novels, finding the right words to present an idea was always important and enjoyable. As an academic, I wrote many published scholarly pieces, including a book and book chapters. I started writing mystery/legal scenarios as hypothetical cases for law courses I taught. I get my ideas from the news, particularly legal news, my previous legal work, areas of academic research, and other detective stories. With regard toThe Tell-Tale Art, I used my experiences living and working in Aix-en-Provence. My detectives are based in Chicago, where I was born and raised.
Interview:
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? I very enjoyed writing a play in fourth grade. As a lawyer and academic, I did a lot of writing but I most enjoyed creating scenarios of legal problems for my students to work on. This led to my desire to write fiction and in particular mystery/legal thrillers.
2. What is your work schedule like when you're writing? I love writing so I try choose to write whenever I have spare time from my other activities. Even though I am retired from my first two careers, I am busy with a number of other things I enjoy: physical exercise (biking and tennis), music (I play the clarinet in three musical groups), and cooking. That is to say, I have no set writing schedule but I do generally write for eight to ten hours every week. Another aspect of this schedule is that I have a very helpful writing group for which I generally write a chapter each week.
3. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk? As I often write in the late afternoon, I am hungry and want to include a fantastic meal in the story. There are many such meals in my books as the major character, Marko Korb, is a gourmet and gourmand.
4. How do books get published? It’s a mystery to me. I was lucky, after many attempts, to get my first novel, Venetian Bind, in the hands of an editor who had edited and written mysteries and who liked my book.
5. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books? I draw on cases, research, and writing from my previous careers. As an academic, I traveled widely to interesting places that I have included in the stories. News articles often give me ideas for the stories. My love of reading mysteries influences characters and their development. My characters take much from my reading of Rex Stout’s Nero Wolfe mysteries and the women detectives in the novels of Sara Paretsky and Linda Barnes
6. When did you write your first book and how old were you? My first book was a professional publication for my academic career. I was thirty-nine when I finished the manuscript. Of course, I had written several articles and book chapters before and after that book. The book was a study comparing the politics of steel plant closings in the U.S. and France. The manuscript for my first novel was completed in 2022. I was seventy-seven.
7. What do you like to do when you're not writing? See answer to question 3 above.
8. What does your family think of your writing? They are very supportive. My wife reads the books and offers trenchant criticism as well as proofreading. My daughter helps me with on-line promotional activities.
9. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books? How much fun the writing is.
10. How many books have you written? Four published, one in the works. Which is your favorite? My latest published work, the one featured in this etour The Tell-Tale Art, is my favorite to date as it takes place in part in the south of France where I lived for over a year. I greatly enjoyed my time there.
11 Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they? Keep writing, join groups with other authors, and don’t be discouraged by rejection.
12. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say? Those I have heard from have been universally supportive and generally comment on the interesting characters, locations, and food.
13. Do you like to create books for adults? Yes. I don’t picture myself as a young adult or children’s author.
14. What do you think makes a good story?An intriguing puzzle, well-drawn characters: a cerebral detective assisted by an active, street-wise, intrepid leg person, humorous incidents, an intriguing local, and culinary delights.
15. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up? Nuclear engineer or a professional baseball player.
16. What Would you like my readers to know? My interest in writing has been an important part of all my careers. I take pleasure in the creative process of finding the right words to effectively and forcefully create a scene or make a point.

Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today! Want to Book a Tour? Click Here

Navigating fast-moving Middle Eastern capital markets requires institutional direct market access, transparent equity limits, and rapid profit settlement protocols. Fundedfirm provides systematic and manual market participants with raw pricing spreads, ultra-low latency execution networks, and structured account scaling blueprints engineered to foster sustainable career advancement. Streamlining evaluation pathways enables disciplined strategy developers to transition into live funded accounts smoothly while managing portfolio risk with absolute operational clarity. Choosing to partner alongside the Best Prop Firm in UAE grants the substantial capital backing required to scale high-probability setups rapidly while leveraging strict risk parameters to safeguard initial account equity. Institutional execution frameworks power long-term performance.
ReplyDeleteBest Prop Firm in UAE