Friday, October 13, 2017

Annabel Lee by Mike Nappa Review


Annabel Lee

by Mike Nappa

Fourteen miles east of Peachtree, Alabama, a secret is hidden.
The secret's name is Annabel Lee.


She doesn't know why her enigmatic uncle has stowed her deep underground in a military-style bunker. He's left her with a few German words, a barely controlled guard dog, and a single command: "Don't open that door for anybody, you got it? Not even me."

Miles away in Atlanta, private investigator Trudi Coffey is visited by a mysterious older man calling himself Dr. Smith. He's been trailing a man for a decade--a man she met through her ex-partner Samuel Hill--and the trail has led him to her office. The last thing Trudi wants to do is to contact Samuel. But it will take both of them to unravel this mystery--before it's too late.
My Review:
This is a great thriller. I really liked Trudi and her mysterious acquaintances. I enjoyed reading the book a few times and really had fun following all that was going on. The ending was okay, and I was curious how the author was going to get it to fit into book 2, which I already read here. All in all this is a fun detective series that has a lot of thrills along the way. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment