Sunday, August 2, 2015

SALVAGE by Tiffany Aleman Excerpt & Teaser






S
tereotypical trailer trash. That’s how people saw me. I’m Karmen Butler, the girl everyone teased, tortured, pranked—bullied.


A
fter graduating high school, I left my shithole of a town behind with no intentions of ever returning. My dreams were within my grasp. Or so I thought…



L
uck. That’s what was on his side. Brayden Stephens was on top of the world and the biggest pr*ck of all. At least that’s how I remember him. Then he lost it all. His vices took over and now he’s a washed-up has-been with a cocky smirk and arrogant attitude.


V
alued. That was how he made me feel. One night changed everything for us. In an instant I was lost to his touch, his voice. Everything about him captivated me.



A
gainst my better judgment, I let him in. I let him see the real me. Since he’d walked into my office, he’d been trying to redeem himself of his past mistakes.



G
limpses of a love and life I’d never known before were all he had given me. Now he’s done it, the one thing he said he wouldn’t. He’s broken me. AGAIN.



E
xcuses are what I was fed. The truth restrained him, bound him to his past, and now, I’m left to deal with the aftermath.


Is there anything left to SALVAGE?

I don’t know…

You tell me.






PURCHASE LINKS:


EXCEPT:

Karmen stands next to the kitchen table looking at something. In just a towel, I walk past her towards the coffee pot. As I pour my steaming cup of Holy goodness, she says, “Well…I’m just going to come out and say it, okay?”

I turn around, one hand clutches the end of my towel to hold it in place. My eyes find hers over the rim of my coffee cup. I nod as I blow on the steaming liquid. I watch as she focuses in on my lips, so I purposely blow a little harder.

She drops her eyes and looks down at her fingers, concentrating on picking at the red nail polish on her nails. “I want us to be friends not just at work but out of work too,” she blurts out.

At this I laugh.

Her head snaps up and she glares daggers at me from across the few feet separating us. “Is it so funny to think of us being friends?” The sharp tone of her voice tells me she really thinks that I wouldn’t want to be friends with her. I do. But I want more, much more.

“No, Karmen.”

“Then why laugh at me?”

“Well, I kind of already thought we were friends.” I shrug. “And after that kiss, maybe even a little more.”

I watch as her body sags in relief, and hope begins to build that maybe she might want more, too. “Brayden, I already told you we cannot go there.”






AUTHOR MEDIA LINKS:

Twitter: @tiffany_aleman
Amazon Author Page: amazon.com/author/tiffanyaleman






No comments:

Post a Comment