Thursday, July 4, 2013

Playing Tyler by TL Costa review


Playing Tyler by TL Costa
About the Book: Tyler MacCandless can’t focus, even when he takes his medication. Tyler’s dad is dead, his mom has mentally checked out and his brother, Brandon, is in rehab for heroin abuse…again. Just when it seems like his future is on a collision course with a life sentence at McDonald’s, his Civilian Air Patrol Mentor, Rick, asks him to test a flight simulator. And when he falls in love with the simulator’s designer, the legendary gamer Ani, Tyler thinks his life might finally be turning around. Ani is just like Tyler—the 16-year old Yale computer programming prodigy is an outcast in her own right.
Suddenly, Brandon goes MIA from rehab and Tyler and Ani discover that the simulator is being used for darker purposes than either originally realized. When Ani and Tyler team up, their story is action packed and a great read for any fans waiting for Harrison Ford in ENDERS GAME.

My Review:
It has been said that video games cause violence. What if the video game is the violence? What if the only way out was to lose and get killed? Would you be free to go, or would they know you were not really too stupid to win, but rather smart enough to die. Once you are in the web, can you ever get loose? 
This was a very interesting read for me. I am very competitve and I don't think that I would have seen myself losing on purpose in order to win. However my life does not depend on it. I liked the end and how Tyler turns out. I just wish that there was more about Brandon. I am giving this book a 3/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment