Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Domination by Jon S. Lewis review

 

Book Description


Domination is book #3 in the C.H.A.O.S trilogy. Please note that certain plot points and characters might be a continuation from the prior books in the series.

Their goal is simple: total domination.

With six arms and jaws that can snap a man in two, the warmongering race of aliens known as the Thule has conquered every planet they’ve attacked.

And now their invasion of Earth has begun.

Humanity’s only hope springs from a mysterious Thule legend about a Betrayer, who they believe will rise up and destroy their people. The American government tried to manufacture their own Betrayer by injecting children with Thule blood but time after time the experiment failed . . . until Colt McAlister.

A decade later, Colt is a 16-year-old cadet at the CHAOS Military Academy where he’s training to defend mankind. But he’s afraid that the alien blood may be turning him into a Thule—and he’s beginning to suspect that fulfilling his role as the Betrayer may cost him everything.

Experience a cosmic battle filled with high-tech gear, gateways to other planets, and ultimate stakes. Not everyone will survive. But heroes will rise up and step into their destiny in this earth-shaking conclusion to the C.H.A.O.S trilogy.

My Review:
I found this book to be a cross between Alien and Terminator. The description of the Aliens was great, and I definitely had them pictured in my mind with their 6 arms. I also liked that Colt is part Thule and Part human. He must learn how to keep his Thule side in check before it takes over him. If that happens then Earth is doomed. Colt is the only chance for the human race, however he is also a 16 year old boy. Thankfully he is a cadet and knows what needs to be done, and he knows who he is. If he is the Betrayer then what or whom does he have to betray? I enjoyed the action, and even though I guessed the end, I did not guess it the way that it happened. I also liked even though this book was part of a series, it still could be read on its own. There was also a Sketchpad at the end of the book, and it gave substance to the images I read about in the book. There is also a reading group Guide that I used to get more out of the book.
This was a great Science Fiction read and I liked Colt. He was definitely a character that I liked to read about. I am giving this book a 5/5! I was given a copy to review from booksneeze, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment