Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Holmes Away From Home by Samantha Larsen Interview & Giveaway

Holmes Away From Home (An Althea Adler Mystery) by Samantha Larsen

About Holmes Away From Home

 

Holmes Away From Home (An Althea Adler Mystery)

Historical Cozy Mystery

1st in Series 

Setting - London, 1911

Publisher ‏ : ‎ Severn House 

Publication date ‏ : ‎ October 6, 2026 

Hardcover Print length ‏ : ‎ 240 pages

ISBN-10 ‏ : ‎ 1448322405

ISBN-13 ‏ : ‎ 978-1448322404 

Digital Coming - September 16, 2026

goodreads badge

Introducing Althea Adler, accomplished thief and daring heroine with a mysterious link to Sherlock Holmes.

A heart-racing game of wits, murder and romance is about to commence .. .

London, 1911. Althea Adler receives a mysterious postcard with just four words, ‘Holmes away from home.’ Surely her mother, notorious thief and opera star Irene Adler, is instructing her to break into Sherlock Holmes’s safe? But when she does, Althea makes a shocking discovery . . .

Still reeling from events at 221b Baker Street, Althea accepts an invitation to a party at Twickenham Towers, the ancestral home of Lord Slough, where a murder throws her into further turmoil―as does handsome fellow guest William, the Marquess of Sheffield, who has been tasked with staking out Slough by the British Government.

Althea and William form an unlikely alliance as they set about catching a killer. But can they trust each other when they both have something to hide?

An addictive new cozy mystery trilogy featuring a super smart, lively heroine, a dashing lord and a fiendishly good whodunnit, perfect for fans of Sherlock Holmes's classic mysteries, Deanna Raybourn's Veronica Speedwell Mysteries, and Netflix's The Residence.

About Samantha Larsen

Samantha writes cozy mysteries under Samantha Larsen and historical romances under Samantha Hastings. She met her husband in a turkey sandwich line. They live in Salt Lake City, Utah, where she spends most of her time reading, eating popcorn, having tea parties, and chasing her four kids. She has degrees from Brigham Young University, University of North Texas, and University of Reading (UK). She's the author of: The Last Word, The Invention of Sophie Carter, A Royal Christmas Quandary, The Girl with the Golden Eyes, Jane Austen Trivia, The Duchess Contract, Secret of the Sonnets, The Marquess and the Runaway Lady, and A Novel Disguise. Learn more at: www.SamanthaHastings.com


INTERVIEW

1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?

I decided in fifth grade that I no longer wanted to be an archeologist. I wanted to be a writer like Gordon Kormon. 

2. How long does it take you to write a book?

Honestly, it depends on the book. HOLMES AWAY FROM HOME was written over seven years. I finished other books, but I loved this story so much that I kept going back and working on it. 

3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?

Typically, I am a fast drafter and I complete the first draft in a couple of months. Then I work on polishing it. After it’s in a good state, I send it on to my critique readers. When I get their feedback, I do another round of editing and polishing. Then I send it to my agent. Sometimes we go through several rounds of editing before she puts it on submission to editors. 

4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I like to listen to the soundtrack of Bridgerton.

5. How do books get published?

It takes longer than you’d think. The writing is just the beginning. Most of the time is spent in editing and polishing. And even when an editor accepts your manuscript, they usually have additional changes or edits. Then the manuscript goes to the copy-editor and next to the proofreader. 

6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?

I have so many ideas! I get them from my life. From reading, museums, movies, conversations. 

7. When did you write your first book and how old were you?

I was twelve when I wrote, “Beehive Basketball.”

8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?

I love to read, play tennis, and teach world literature. 

9. What does your family think of your writing?

My mom buys lots of copies of my books and gives them to everyone that she knows. 

10. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?

I have now written over 30 books under Samantha Larsen and Samantha Hastings. Some are already slated for future publication. I have to admit that I don’t have a favorite. It is usually whatever book that I am currently working on. Which now is the third book in the Althea Adler series! 

11. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?

Good writers are good readers. Make sure that you are reading new books in the genre that you wish to publish in. You can see what editors are looking for. 

12. Do you hear from your readers much?

I often hear from readers on my social media accounts. Find me on Instagram and Facebook @SamanthaHastingsAuthor. 

13. Do you like to create books for adults?

I love it. I love living dozens of other lives for even a few months. 

14. What do you think makes a good story?

A good story for me is one with likeable characters, plenty of kissing, a little murder, twisty mystery, and a happily-ever-after.

15. What Would you like my readers to know?

I write under Samantha Hastings for historical and contemporary romance. I write murder mysteries under samantha Larsen. Learn more on my website: www.SamanthaHastings.com


Author Links Website Instagram Facebook X BookBub

Preorder Links Amazon - B&N

TOUR PARTICIPANTS
September 16 – Ascroft, eh? – CHARACTER INTERVIEW
September 16 – Sarcastically Yours, Jen – SPOTLIGHT
September 17 – Jody's Bookish Haven – SPOTLIGHT
September 17 – Storybook Lady – REVIEW
September 18 – Books, Ramblings, and Tea – SPOTLIGHT
September 18 – Baseball, Books, and Banter Podcast/YouTube – AUTHOR INTERVIEW  September 19 – Socrates Book Reviews – SPOTLIGHT
September 20 – Cozy Up With Kathy - REVIEW, CHARACTER GUEST POST
September 21 – Baroness Book Trove – REVIEW
September 21 – Angel's Book Nook – AUTHOR GUEST POST
September 22 – Ruff Drafts – SPOTLIGHT
September 22 – Carstairs Considers – REVIEW
September 23 – Reading Reality – REVIEW
September 23 – Sarandipity's – SPOTLIGHT
September 24 – Books1987 – SPOTLIGHT
September 24 – Salty Inspirations – SPOTLIGHT
September 25 – Boys' Mom Reads! – REVIEW
September 25 – Sapphyria's Book Reviews - SPOTLIGHT
September 26 – FUONLYKNEW – SPOTLIGHT
September 26 – Book HookUp – REVIEW
September 27 – Romance Novel Giveaways – SPOTLIGHT
September 28 – Novels Alive – REVIEW
September 29 – deal sharing aunt – AUTHOR INTERVIEW
September 29 – Escape With Dollycas IntoA Good Book – REVIEW

great escapes virtual book tours logo

Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today! Want to Book a Tour? Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment