Tuesday, August 16, 2022

The Fifteenth of June Review

 


The Fifteenth of June

Length: Novel
Series: N/A
Release Date: February 21, 2017
Format(s): Print, Audio, eBook
eBook Price: $2.99
Tagline: Can we lose a loved one without losing ourselves?

A chance encounter offers a young alcoholic a flicker of hope for a better future. But is he ready to bury the past?


I write fiction from Fort Erie, Canada, where I live with my beautiful wife, Andréa, and two dogs, Gibson and Stirling.

Go Home, Afton is the first of four thrillers in The Afton Morrison Series

Jump on my email newsletter to be the first to know about giveaways, events, promotions, and new releases.

Oh, and I’d love to connect with you on social media, too, if you have a chance.

    

My Review:

Let me be clear, this book is NOT for the light hearted, It has sex, alcohol, foul language and everything in between. Drew lost his mom, I understand the loss of a parent, because I lost my dad. It has been over 10 years, and I am still not the same. I turned to my husband and went the opposite wat Drew did. He spiraled out of control. He left home and the life he knew, only to find out that his dad was dying. His dad is not much different then him, He is also mean with words. However this is a how a mean drunk would act. I think that the author did a great job bringing the characters to life. I am giving this book a 3/5. All opinions are my own. ***** I would have given this book a four, but I did not like the way the father talked about Logan being gay. It was his point of view....ok... I get that. But then he spoke for his dead wife, who died before the book even started. Then Logan is written out of his will. It was just a little over kill for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment