Saturday, March 7, 2015

Shackleton's Burden by Todd Yunker Review




Alec Shackleton spent his youth bouncing from one planetary system to another with his father on expeditions. Alec had likened it to searching for the real Charon, the actual ferryman at the river Styx. He couldn’t keep his father’s dream anymore, so he left and broke out on his own to make a life for himself. Alec wanted so much more than chasing across the galaxy after a myth, a legendary story. It was just too bad that the rest of the galaxy caught up to him, propelling him into the greatest adventure ever told. Alec is the guy who the steps up because there isn’t anyone else who can. 

My Review:
This was a very interesting book. To be able to hop not only from planet to planet but also their systems would be fun to do. I can only imagine all the different things that I could learn! All the different things that I would see. I felt bad for Alec, but I was glad when he made the decision to keep searching. The ending was interesting and I would love to read more from this author. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy from Tomoson to review, however all opinions are my own.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment