Heartless by Kelly Martin
Series: Book 1 of 3 Genre: Paranormal Romance Publication Date: January 17, 2016
EXCERPT @sullyGray: What ya up to today? I sip my decaf coffee—which totally defeats the purpose of coffee, I understand that, but regular coffee gives me worse migraines than I already get—and stare a hole into my monitor. Yeah, I'm still one of those people who have a monitor. I have a desktop, a keyboard, a computer chair, and the whole mid-2000s thing going on in my bedroom/office. It's the one room in the apartment where I can get away from everything. My place to shut the door, turn up the music, and dance if I want to dance. And I do want to dance. Nineties' music is my specialty, and I use that word very loosely. My room is my place to shut out the world. To stay awake and not sleep. To hide from my nightmares. To hide from Hart. Every morning for the past week, it's the same routine. I get up and rub my throat, because it hurts like a mother from all the screaming I apparently do in my sleep. As a side note, this is why I try not to sleep now when Sam's here. Which means I don't get a whole lot of sleep, but what's sleep when you are eighteen? Eighteen year olds don't need sleep. We need parties and friends and boyfriends to not think we are crazy. Oh, I'm sure Sam does, though, because he's caught me on a few occasions. Screaming. Yelling. Trying to fight Hart. Especially that first night. I had the honor of falling asleep in Sam's lap while we watched a movie downstairs
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I think I've always wanted to be a writer, but I remember my favorite thing about school was writing the stories with our Spelling Words. I looked forward to that all week.
2. How long does it take you to write a book?
To write? About a month. But it takes about 3-4 when you include editing.
3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I write when I get the chance and try to do at least 2,000 words a day.
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I do this weird head move thing when I write. Sort of like I'm reading a typewriter. I don't know why...
5. How do books get published?
I have some with indie presses and some are self-published.
6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Most of my ideas come from either thinking 'what if' or having a dream and wanting to know how the dream came about.
7. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
2011. I was, oh gosh.... 30.
8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I'm addicted to youtube and netflix.
9. What does your family think of your writing?
Well... It took my husband a few years to warm up to the idea. He's on board with it now. Everybody else has been great from the beginning.
10. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
Hmmm... Probably how therapeutic it is.
11. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I'm working on my 20th right now. And I don't have a favorite. It's like picking your favorite child lol
12. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
A lot of people will say writer every day and you should try to write 'something' every day, but it doesn't have to be on your book. Don't be so focused on your book that you forget to be creative in other areas. Write a story just for you. It helps so much.
13. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I do :) I love my readers. I get lots of messages from them. I love when people message me while they are reading lol
14. Do you like to create books for adults?
I do. :)
15. What do you think makes a good story?
My favorite stories have twists and turns no one sees coming. I also love it when the bad guy doesn't know he's the bad guy. Those stories make me happy.
16. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
I wanted to be an actress lol. I had my Academy Award speech all written up.
17. What Would you like my readers to know?
How much I appreciate you having me on your blog. How much I appreciate them taking the time to read it. And how I love answering comments so be sure to leave some... and to have a great day <3 elly="" o:p="">3>