Saturday, April 18, 2015

Beautiful Illusions by Annie Jocoby Review


FIRST BOOK OF THE ILLUSIONS SERIES. BOOK TWO, DEEPER ILLUSIONS, IS AVAILABLE NOW. BOOK THREE, END OF ILLUSIONS, IS AVAILABLE NOW. PREQUEL, RYAN GALLAGHER, WILL BE AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 2015.

Beautiful Illusions - a page-turning, sexy, and very contemporary adult romance novel.

VERY contemporary.

Beautiful Illusions is a Cinderella Romance With a Twist - and what a twist it is!

Attorney Iris Snowe drinks too much, eats too much, and spends too much. Her sex life has been as spectacularly unsuccessful as her law practice, so she spends her evenings in her tiny apartment watching bad TV, talking to her cat, and rescuing pit bulls.

And her name might be Iris, but it should be Jade. As in jaded, which is how she feels about romance and men in general.

So, when a gorgeous and sexy stranger appears in her law office on Monday morning, after a one-night stand the previous Saturday, she doesn't think that he is coming to see her because he is interested. She just figures that she left something behind in the room and he is enough of a gentleman to deliver it to her.

How wrong she is.

As it turns out, Ryan Gallagher not only looks like a Ralph Lauren model come to life, but is also fabulously wealthy, as he is the son of a prominent billionaire.

In other words, light years out of Iris' league.

And completely into her, in more ways than one.

And so begins the erotic Cinderella romance of her life, with a man who truly loves her. And oh, if it could just be that simple. But, of course, it's not -the fairy tale is fractured, as it is marred by obsession, jealousy, and dark secrets that Ryan has desperately sought to conceal and repress. It turns out that, behind those magnificent green eyes, lies the memories of a past that nobody should ever have to experience. Nobody.

But when his past becomes his present, his secrets come to light.

And one of those secrets just might be deadly...

This is a full-length novel, approximately 100,000 words.



Links for Other Platforms

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Annie_Jocoby_Beautiful_Illusions?id=l05QAwAAQBAJ&hl=en 
I am currently a writer who is living in San Diego, but was raised in the Midwest, in Kansas City. I was an attorney for 11 years, then gave it all up for a man. Go figure. I hated that work, anyhow, so I didn't pursue law when I moved out to California. Hence, I based my main character, Iris, loosely on my own life.
There has always been a contemporary romance writer inside me, yearning to come out. But I was always a writer only in my heart. I took some creative writing courses, and always did well, but I never pursued it as anything other than a hobby. Sometimes not even that.
Ironically, my passion for writing was re-awakened when I got to San Diego and needed a flexible job. Flexible as in I needed to go back to the Midwest on a regular basis, so any full-time job could not accommodate that. So, I wanted a job where I could write on-line. And I found one. As an academic writer. In other words, when people bought their academic papers on-line, I was the one writing them. Talk about an embarrassing job! When people asked what I did, I said that I help people cheat. LOL.
But that job was wonderful for me, because I wrote virtually every single day. It activated that part of my brain. I wrote around 600 different papers for that service, for high school students all the way up to PhD.
Now, I can't imagine doing anything with my life than to offer escapism through creating sexy and wonderful (and wonderfully flawed) characters! Ryan Gallagher is the contemporary and sexy hero that I always wished I could find. Who wouldn't? Writing about this sexy man gets my juices flowing, and I hope that reading about him gets yours!

My Review:
 There are a lot of books that have a similar plot to Fifty Shades. A messed up guy and a beautiful woman. This book has a similar plot, but the family involvement is different. Ryan has a family with issues, and Iris is an attorney. Ryan also has a sexual past and it is different. Iris has to decide if she can accept it and not be apart of it. There are two more books in this series and a spin off series. I can not wait to read more from the secondary characters. I also wonder what the future holds for Iris and Ryan. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review via Blogtour.org, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment