Saturday, February 21, 2015

MY IMMORTAL, ‘M CARA,~ THREE, TWO, ONE,~ This Weak and Idle Theme~ and THE DRAGON THREE by Victoria Perkins Reviews


THE DRAGON THREE

Brina Fine’s secret sets her apart from the rest of the world. It’s only a matter of time before they discover the truth. Aidan Preston clings desperately to a haunted past. A startling revelation will change everything. Thana Decker is just trying to find normalcy again. She never imagined how important she could be. Brina. Aidan. Thana. Three strangers brought together to fulfill a destiny forged at the beginning of time, and each one has a role to play. They are the Dragon Three.

My Review:
To think that three strangers have to meet in order to fulfill their destiny is very hard to accomplish. There are so many different things that can happen. However destiny hardly losses. These three characters each had their own issues, and they were equally involved what the ancients planned. However they have a lot to come to terms with when they meet. They also have to find a way to work together and soon. I liked this book, and the idea of 3 "saviors". The ending was final and it was pretty good. I am giving this book a 3/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.


my immortal - new

MY IMMORTAL, ‘M CARA

Seventeen year-old Tex Novak isn’t looking forward to starting her senior year of high school. Then she meets new student Zev Avatos and it’s an instant connection for both. Before they can be together, however, each has secrets they need to share. Tex confesses her past and, in return, learns the truth about who Zev really is. Zev’s identity comes with new challenges that threaten to destroy the budding relationship and each must decide if their love is worth fighting for.

My Review:
This story about love and fighting for each other. The author did a great job of switching between different characters and their views. Zev was a good character to like, however his secrets were pretty big and what will happen to the people around him. What will be the results of the rituals? Who will live? will their love make it? I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

three two one - new
THREE, TWO, ONE
Cassidy Chapman knows she isn’t dead. Unfortunately, no one else does. After the mysterious death of her younger sister, Cassidy’s own identity is called into question. As she digs deeper into the accident that claimed the life of her sister, Cassidy discovers a far darker secret than she’d ever thought possible. Helped by the only person who believes her, new WU student Pacey Townson, Cassidy must find a way to solve Jessica’s murder and clear her own name–before it’s too late.
My Review:
This was an interesting read. Who is Cassidy really? Why is her family being targeted? As Cassidy found out more about her sister she also found out more about herself. I really liked that Cassidy had Pacey to confide in. I also really liked the way that the character's thoughts were in parentheses so I knew what they were thinking. This book was really weird and I mean that in a good way. All you need is Hope. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

E-Book Cover 













This Weak and Idle Theme
 It’s here!! My short story collection,”This Weak and Idle Theme,” is now available in paperback at https://www.createspace.com/4311697
This collection contains the entire Tueur Chronicles series, previously only available in individual e-books, as well as three previously published short stories and six never-before-seen (unless you were in my creative writing class) short stories.
One is the short story that inspired my novel “Three, Two, One.” Also included is a short story starring characters from my upcoming novel “The Dragon Three.”
The e-book version is available on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EX67P96 but it’ll be a couple of days before the paperback version is available there (it’ll be the same price as the Create Space link.
My Review:
This was a really interesting anthology because they were all by the same author and they all varied in genre. I really liked that the author included an intro to tell the reader where each story came from. My favorite story was "They Come At Night". I liked it because it made me think about who the person in the story is writing to. Is she writing to me? Are the people now around me the people that killed her family? All this and it was only 2 pages long! Is NAS short for NASA? I am still thinking about this story. I give this anthology a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment