Friday, February 20, 2015

A Man in Control By Harry E. Gilleland, Jr Review


A Man in Control
By Harry E. Gilleland, Jr
Published: October 2014
ISBN: 978-1503100916
ASIN: B00P1KBEEA
Genre: Mystery, Thriller, Suspense, Crime, Murder
A Man in Control is a fiction novel in the genre of Mystery, Thriller, & Suspense – Crime – Murder. It is the tenth book published by Harry E. Gilleland, Jr. It is available at Amazon as print book and as Kindle e-book. Published by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (October 30, 2014). Print copy is 206 pages and 51,100 words.
David Wynthers is a microbiology professor who needs to control all aspects of his life. His orderly world gets thrown into turmoil by the death of his wife. A cascade of events follows for Dave to cope with – murder, mystery, terrorists tracking him, sudden wealth, an intriguing police detective, and the FBI. Can Dave maintain control of the events swirling around him?
It is a story of relationship drama set against a background of Muslim terrorists, Ebola virus, murder, and mystery.
My Review:
This book had a little bit of everything. I really liked the romance plot and I was not sure how I felt after a romance following his wife's death. However that did fit David's personality. The way the author made me feel bad for Dave, then to disliking him, then to feeling bad for him again was done in such a way, that I hardly noticed my feelings were changing. He got what he wanted, but at what cost? I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from The Book Review Buzz, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment