Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A Second Bite at the Apple by Dana Bate Review

Description: http://gobooksparks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/a-second-bite-at-the-apple-200x300.jpg 
A Second Bite at the Apple by Dana Bate
From the acclaimed author of The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs comes a witty, honest novel, perfectly seasoned with both humor and heart, about daring to bite into the life you really want...

Sydney Strauss is obsessed with food. Not with eating it--though she does that too--but with writing about the wonders of the gastronomic world, from obscure fruit hybrids to organic farming techniques. Since food journalism jobs aremore coveted than Cronuts®, Sydney pays her bills working for one of TV's biggest egomaniacs--until she's left scrambling for shifts at a local farmers' market.

Stacking muffins for the Wild Yeast Bakery isn't going to win her any JamesBeard awards. But soon Sydney is writing the market's weekly newsletter, andher quirky stories gain attention from a prominent food columnist. After years of putting her love life into deep freeze, she's even dating again. And then Sydney gets a shot at the story, one that could either make her career or burn it to a crisp--along with her relationship and her reputation.

My Review:
This book is an interesting read for me because I was a vegetarian for fifteen years. I love farmer's markets and all the new "breeds" of food that were in this book. The title really fits this book well! Sydney may have bitten off more then she can chew though. Sometimes everything that you thought you wanted is not really what you want in your heart, But will you give it all up?  There are also recipes at the back of the book that I can not wait to try. my favorite quote from the book is "......but, guarantees are overrated". I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review however all opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm a foodie, so any book that has food in it gets my attention!

    ReplyDelete