Saturday, November 15, 2014

Samantha Sanderson On the Scene By Robin Caroll Review

Book Description

The second book in an exciting series about a girl with dreams to become an investigative journalist, each book promises to touch on a crime straight from the headlines, while also tackling tough issues faced by middle-schoolers everywhere.
A new addition to the Faithgirlz! trusted brand of books introduces readers to Sam Sanderson, an independent, resourceful, tech-savvy cheerleader and aspiring journalist, and Sam's best friend Makayla. They're ordinary 7th graders who enjoy shopping, texting, and going to the mall-along with sniffing out the next big mysteries to report in the school paper.
As Samantha and the rest of the middle schoolers prepare for the upcoming Spring Fest, "mean girl" Nikki faces the reality that her parents are getting divorced. It's hard for Samantha to sympathize because of Nikki's unkind reputation. But when Nikki becomes victim of a string of attacks, Samantha takes it upon herself and her super sleuth abilities to get down to the bottom of the bullying.
My Review:
I was able to read the first book in this series and an adult Quilts of Love book from this author. I have really enjoyed them and knew that I would enjoy this book. They mystery was easy to solve, but I am not the target age group. I liked that the author made Samantha a religious kid, that had to deal with every day issues like bullies. I liked the ending too, and the questions are great for kids to reinforce what they have read. I can not wait to read this book with my God Child and do a book report! I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment