Saturday, November 8, 2014

Knot in My Backyard by Mary Marks Review


knot in my backyard   large banner 640

Knot in My Backyard
by Mary Marks

I enjoyed this book, it is a really good, well written read…get yourself a cup of tea and some yummy kugel then settle in for a good read.
~Tea and A Book
Mary has created some delightful characters that I believe will appeal to all mystery lovers, not just those of us of a “certain age.”
~Booklady’s Booknotes
If I had just picked up the book in a store (because of the pretty cover) and opened the book to the first page, I would have left the store with the book. When I read the first line:
“Yesterday, I joined Weight Watchers for the eighth time.”
— I knew Martha Rose was a woman after my own heart!
~Back Porchervations
22095637Knot In My Backyard
(A Quilting Mystery)

Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Kensington (November 4, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-0758292070
goodreads-badge-add-plus

Synopsis:
 A diamond brocade pattern is more quilter Martha Rose’s style than a baseball diamond—especially when it comes to the new eyesore of a stadium ruining her lovely San Fernando Valley neighborhood. Martha doesn’t know a bunt from a Bundt cake, but when she stumbles upon the battered body of baseball coach Dax Martin, she doesn’t need a scorecard to know it’s foul play. LAPD homicide detective Arlo Beavers is convinced one of her neighbors is responsible. But Martha and her fellow quilters Lucy and Birdie soon discover a whole field of suspects who might have wanted to take the coach out of the game permanently…
Mary Marks Publicity Photo - Copy

About This Author
Born and raised in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, Mary Marks earned a B.A. in Anthropology from UCLA and an M.A. in Public Administration from the American Jewish University in Los Angeles. In 2004 she enrolled in the UCLA Extension Writers Program. Her first novel, Forget Me Knot, was a finalist in a national writing competition in 2011.
She is currently a reviewer of cozy mysteries for The New York Journal of Books at www.nyjournalofbooks.com.

Readers can visit her at
Purchase Links
Amazon B&N Kobo

Tour Participants
November 4 –Tea and A Book – Review, Giveaway
November 5 – Booklady’s Booknotes – Review, Guest Post
November 6 – Kelly P’s Blog – Guest Post
November 7 – Back Porchervations – Review
November 8 – deal sharing aunt – Review
November 9 – readalot – Review
November 10 – Shelley’s Book Case – Review, Giveaway
November 11 – Cozy Up With Kathy – Interview
November 12 – Books-n-Kisses – Review, Giveaway
November 13 – Sapphyria’s Book Reviews – Review
 My Review:
I liked this book because the author had the characters disagreeing about the field before there was trouble. It added more suspects to my list. When the coach was killed I thought about all the different people that he has played against and how many people wanted the field to go away. Martha's neighbors are only the beginning. I also really liked the author's quilting tips. Martha has to decide what she wants her neighborhood to be like, however will everyone agree? I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed Forget Me Knot and am looking forward to reading Knot in My Backyard.


    patucker54 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete