Sunday, August 24, 2014

Ghosting by Edith Patton Book Review















About the book: 
On a hot summer night in a Midwestern town, a high school teenage prank goes horrifically awry. Alcohol, guns, and a dare. Within minutes, as events collide, innocents becomes victims—with tragic outcomes altering lives forever, a grisly and unfortunate scenario all too familiar from current real-life headlines. But victims can also become survivors, and as we come to know each character through his/her own distinctive voice and their interactions with one another, we see how, despite pain and guilt, they can reach out to one another, find a new equilibrium, and survive. 

Author Edith Pattou has notably created a tragic yet impressive read through her unique writing style in her new YA thriller, Ghosting.  When an end of the summer prank goes dreadfully wrong, within minutes a group of teenager’s lives are altered forever. You won't want to miss out on this incredible back-to-school read! Written in free verse and a stream of consciousness, readers discover each character's point of view of the haunting tragedy. 


Praise for Ghosting"Edith Pattou writes with a poet’s ear attuned to the rhythm of the teenage heart. A stunning achievement.”  -- Debby Dahl Edwardson, author of the National Book Award finalist, My Name is Not Easy

"Ghosting is timely and compelling, filled with complex and interesting characters. It will hold you in your seat from the first line to the last." -- Marion Dane Bauer, author of the Newbery Honor Book, On My Honor  

My Review:

I have just finished reading this novel by Edith Patton and I found that because of the the way it is written it not to be the kind of novel that I can get interested in. The story line and the characters are what I would like to read about but I was unable to.  It is a novel of suspense and action. I would have liked it better if it was written in he usual way, although others might like it this way. I give this book a 3/5. I was given this book for the purpose of  review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment