Sunday, August 24, 2014

Catcher's Keeper by JD Spero Review

Lennon newspaper


















Paperback and ebook available now at Amazon.com


2013 Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award quarter-finalist Catcher’s Keeper by JD Spero.

Catcher’s Keeper is a perfect read for bookclubs, guaranteed to garner a great discussion. For a limited time, I will be happy to visit your bookclub live or via Skype at no cost. Contact me today to put Catcher’s Keeper on your bookclub calendar.

What if Holden Caulfield was around when John Lennon was shot?

In 1980 John Lennon was killed by Mark David Chapman, who believed he was Holden Caulfield. Chapman waited at the scene, calmly reading the classic The Catcher in the Rye, which he later offered as “his statement.”

What if Holden had been able to meet Chapman, learn of his terrorist plan, and stop the tragedy from happening? Catcher’s Keeper follows Alden (Holden) to New York City after he discovers his brother has stolen and published his journal. But when one fan misinterprets the journal-now-book as an order to kill John Lennon, can Alden and his brother work together to prevent the killing?

Inspired by a true story yet told from the point of view of Holden and his siblings, Catcher’s Keeper calls into question the sanctity of the written word—and the lengths a person will go to for his family.

Cover photo courtesy of Prillfoto & Dreamstime.com

Cover by Joleene Naylor.

BIO

Johannah Davies Spero was born near a pristine lake in the Adirondacks and has lived in various cities such as St. Petersburg (Russia), Indianapolis, Dallas, and Boston. She has pursued her love of narrative through degrees in English, Russian, and teaching—and has worked as an actress, a yoga instructor, a web design entrepreneur, freelance writer, and a high school English teacher. She lives in the Northeast with her husband and three young sons.



Photo by JC Lines Photography

A more personal note about me and my writing:

When asked how long I’ve been writing, I usually give my standard answer: “Just over a decade.” But truth be told, I have been writing ever since I can remember, filling childhood journals with poems and existential, prepubescent musings. My mother, a high school English teacher, would try to encourage me to read, read, read…but I always felt drawn to put pen to paper and create my own words. If I had known then that reading would make me a better writer, I would’ve taken her advice. But alas, what tween wants to admit Mom is right?

I’ve written five novels to date, and I’m excited to launch Catcher’s Keeper and to share my story with the world!


Author Links below:


My Review:

"Catcher's Keeper", by JD Spero is a story that talks about the ultimate question, " Could events be changed if someone else was there?"    It makes the reader think about events in their own life that could have had different endings. Many if not all of us have asked ourselves if their life would be different or if they could have helped save or help others if they knew of something that was going to take place. This is the author's first novel and it was great . I am looking forward to others by her. I give this book a 4/5. I was given this book for the purpose of a review and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment