Monday, July 7, 2014

Lost and Found by Christina Freeburn Interview


lost then found large banner640

Lost and Found
by Christina Freeburn

Christina Freeburn is a new-to-me author. Lost Then Found showed a lot of promise, and I’m looking forward to checking out the rest of the New Beginnings series. Readers of romantic suspense should check this book out.
~I Blog 4 Books
I liked reading Lost and Found. It had some good twists, characters are ones that I cared about …
~readalot
The writing was superb in this book.
~Melina’s Book Blog
The author has given us a suspenseful plot while blending in the spiritual and romantic elements flawlessly.
~Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book
There was definitely a lot of suspense in the story. I enjoyed the character and family dynamics in this one.
~Brooke Blogs
lostthenfoundcoverart72dpiLost Then Found
(New Beginnings)

First in Series
Genre: Inspirational Romantic Suspense
Desert Breeze Publishing, Inc (April 13, 2014)
Paperback: 180 pages
ISBN-13: 978-1612527505
E-Book File Size: 479 KB
ASIN: B0061XJJKC
goodreads-badge-add-plus




Synopsis
The hope of a future for the broken begins in Mourning.
Skip-tracer Renee Stratford-Knight’s life plan changed upon her sister’s murder. Instead of using her skills to find people, Renee opened New Beginnings a firm specializing in “vanishing” abused women. Now her ex-husband -and former business partner – Jonas Knight reenters her life asking about her most vulnerable client.
Jonas knows his ex-wife helped embezzler Gina Howard elude the authorities and intends to bring the young woman to justice. When Renee is threatened, Jonas grows suspicious of his client’s reason for finding his niece.
In order to uncover the secret a teenager girl disappeared to keep, and a killer wants silenced, Jonas and Renee must struggle through distrust and the pain of their pasts to work together to save the life of teenage girl – and their own.
Christina Bio002
About This Author
Christina Freeburn is a full-time writers and focuses on stories with characters, especially heroines, overcoming their pasts and striving to help the down-trodden turn around their lives. The stories are sometimes told with humor, other times serious, but always with heart.
The New Beginning Series includes the books: LOST THEN FOUND, LED ASTRAY, SAFE AND SOUND, LONG GONE, and FAR AWAY.
She lives in West Virginia with her husband, children, dog, and rarely seen cat except by those who are afraid or allergic to felines.

Interview:
Q. Where are you from?
A. I was born in Arizona, and currently live in West Virginia.

Q. Tell us your latest news?
A. All five of the New Beginnings Series books are out in ebook and print. I’ve also just completed the third in a cozy mystery series I write, and it comes out September 23. And, our kitchen cabinets will be delivered soon so the renovation of our kitchen is set to start soon. I’m not sure which of those items I’m most excited about.

Q. When and why did you begin writing?
A. I began writing when I was fifteen and in the ninth grade. It started as a way to occupy myself (along with a friend) on the thirty minute bus ride to and from school.

Q. When did you first consider yourself a writer?
A. I first considered myself a writer about sixteen years ago when I started actively working to get published. Before then, I always thought about writing, dreaming about it, and jotted down a few pages here and there but never submitted anything. I bought some books about the craft and business of writing and studied them.

Q. What inspired you to write your first book?
A. The first book I wrote was a teenage romance (during bus rides to and from school). At that time, I loved reading those type of stories and wanted one where a character was more like me. I was very shy and withdrawn as a teenager and wanted to “see” a girl with my characteristics and appearance (heroines weren’t short and didn’t wear glasses) so one of the characters in the my teenage romance book was going to be more like me.

Q. Do you have a specific writing style?
A. I don’t really think so. I write in both third person (New Beginning Series) and first person (Faith Hunter Scrap This Mystery Series). The two constants in what I write are some humor, even in my serious books I try and have some lighthearted moments, and strong family units.

Q. How did you come up with the title?
A. The title came from how I viewed the relationship between Renee and Jonas. They were lost to each other but might have the opportunity to be “found” again by the other.

Q. Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
A. That how we perceive things isn’t always the whole truth. In every situation, there is two sides and sometimes it’s good to look at the moment from someone else’s view point.

Q. What would you like my readers to know?
A. The idea for the New Beginnings Series came after hearing a talk from a skip-tracer. I started what-ifing and the premise of a skip-tracing firm using their skills at finding people to help "vanish" those who need to hide developed. I also wanted to write inspirational romantic suspense stories featuring strong heroines who were in the role of rescuers. I wanted to show that Christian women were strong, tough, and could stand on their own and fight against evil.      




Christina is the author of the New Beginnings Series published by Desert Breeze Publishing. The books in the series are: Lost Then Found, Led Astray, Safe and Sound, Long Gone, and Far and Away. She is also the author of the Scrap This Mystery Series published by Henery Press. 

Author Links
Purchase Links
AMAZON B&N


Tour Participants
June 30 – Queen of All She Reads – Review, Guest Post
July 1 – Kelly P’s Blog – Interview
July 1 – i blog 4 books – Review, Giveaway
July 2 – readalot - Review
July 3 – Melina’s Book Blog – Review, Guest Post, Giveaway
July 3 – Escape With Dollycas Into A Good Book - Review 
July 4 – off
July 5 – Michele Lynn Seigfried’s blog - Guest Post
July 6 – Brooke Blogs – Review, Giveaway
July 7 – deal sharing aunt – Interview

Have you signed up to be a Tour Host?
A Book Excerpt 
She entered into the small room and Jonas followed, stepping into the dark office. The room had one small window near the top of the wall. A coat of dust blocked out most of the sunshine.
“Thanks for talking to me.”
“Hold the thanks.” Renee pressed the door closed then turned to face him. Renee jabbed a finger toward a plush chair across the room. “Sit.”
Without a word, Jonas complied.
Sweat coated her hands and her stomach clenched. Give her a screaming, profanity-spewing ex-husband of one of her clients instead of an indifferent and calm Jonas Knight. To hide the tremble wanting to buckle her knees, she slid onto the desk and thumped her heels against the marred wooden legs of the hand-me-down furniture.
“All I want to do is help you.” Jonas leaned forward, decreasing their distance.
“I can handle a man like Howard.” She scooted back a few inches. “And I did. I don’t need you showing up here putting my staff and my clients in danger. What if he followed you again? I thought you were better than that.” The baiting words flowed from her before thought stopped the spitefulness.
Blankness filled his gray eyes. Jonas steepled his fingers and pressed them against his lips. Renee had always assumed the lack of readable emotions came from being a top-notch skip tracer, not an ingrained personality trait. She learned otherwise, discovering love couldn’t…and wouldn’t…change it.
She pressed her hands onto the wooden top to stave off the tremor building in her body. “I have no information for you. I want you to stop harassing me. Leading people to me.”
His brows rose. “Little dramatic, aren’t you? This is not harassment. This is one professional coming to talk to another professional about a common case.”
“We have nothing in common.”
A hint of an unreadable emotion jumped in his eyes. “We have a lot in common. Denying it doesn’t change the fact.”
Something fluttered in her heart, and she refused to acknowledge it enough to define it. “We’re not here to talk about us.”
Jonas settled into the chair and rested one jean-clad leg on top of the other. “Aren’t we? Isn’t this whole issue about us?”
Renee clenched her hands, knuckles jamming into the desk. Pinpricks of pain traveled up her arms. Why did Jonas turn everything into a battle? “Not on my end. Is it on yours?”
A smile inched up the corners of Jonas’ mouth. Her heart fluttered. His smile always affected her. The first time she saw it, he stood in front of the classroom listing his credentials. The grin grabbed her and reeled her in. She focused on the shape of his mouth rather than the words coming out of it. The paper in front of her remained blank, and she had to take that particular seminar again. The next time, she chose a different instructor as the handsome, renegade Jonas Knight distracted her attention and captured her heart.
In three months, he swept her off her feet and to the altar. Her heart had never known such happiness. A memory of her sister’s funeral trickled into her mind. Or pain. Jonas had stood beside her, arms crossed, staring into the distance without a flicker of emotion on his face or in his eyes. Renee had needed the feel of his arms around her, to lean on him and gather strength, but Jonas denied her comfort that day. He closed himself off to her, to her parents, to Alex. Her husband turned himself into a stranger the day she needed him most.

No comments:

Post a Comment