Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Widow Redefined by Kim Cano Review

A Widow Redefined:
On a cold Valentine’s Day in Chicago, Amy White, a young widow who lost her husband to cancer, visits the cemetery and makes an unsettling discovery: a bouquet of fresh daffodils lying in front of her husband’s grave.
Curiosity grows into obsession as Amy searches for the stranger who left the flowers, while keeping her activities a secret from her live-in mother and seven-year-old son. The search leads to an unusual friendship that transforms her world and redefines her life.
My Review:
This book made me cry. When my grandmother died of cancer my grandfather went to the cemetery every day. My father was legally blind, and my mother was his caregiver, so they were never apart. I was there when my dad died, and I will never forget it. I will never forget seeing both my parents in that situation. I thought about this as I read Amy's story. She was full of grief. However she found flowers and she had no idea where they came from. At that moment her grief turned into need. It was the need to learn about how her husband knew the person that was delivering the flowers. I did not expect for Amy to find friendship on her way to the answer, but she did. I also liked the secondary characters of Amy's mom, and Amy's son. Their reaction to the situation was easy to read and they fit right into the main plot. There were times when I got mad at her mom, but that was only because she thought that she was right. I definitely recommend a box of tissues when you start reading this book. I did not really care for the ending, however I understand why the author ended it that way. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from Orangeberry Book Tours, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment