Friday, December 6, 2013

Under the Dog Star by John Holland review


“UNDER THE DOG STAR is a powerful collection that takes us here and there, inside and out the mind of the poet, observing the struggle, pain and doubts no human escapes, watching the intelligence dancing in a circle of stones around an inner drain. This collection feels made in the nighttime where the poet has dared to face the demons for us, finding his way back via the Dog Star's bright beam with packages tucked under his arm of truths he discovered and gives to us to open in the comfort of daylight, after our peaceful sleep.” ~ Nia Simone, author.


My Review:
My favorite is "Filters", "Through this stained glass, the world seems good." That is so true. This book had poems in it that really made me think about how I see life and how I respond to certain events in my life. This is definitely a great coffee table discussion book. Even the cover has caused a lot of conversations in my house. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

1 comment: