Saturday, November 30, 2013

Sometimes a Rogue by Mary Jo Putney review

Sometimes a Rogue

Even the most proper young lady yearns for adventure. But when the very well bred Miss Sarah Clarke-Townsend impulsively takes the place of her pregnant twin, it puts her own life at risk. If the kidnappers after her sister discover they've abducted Sarah instead, she will surely pay with her life...Rob Carmichael survived his disastrous family by turning his back on his heritage and becoming a formidable Bow Street Runner with a talent for rescuing damsels in distress. But Sarah is one damsel who is equal to whatever comes. Whether racing across Ireland with her roguish rescuer or throwing herself into his arms, she challenges Rob at every turn.
My Review:
I have read a lot of historical romances before and the problem is that they all start to be the same. A damsel in distress gets stuck with a rogue of questionable intentions. The Damsel is headstrong and is not the typical woman of the time period. However Mary Jo Putney is a great writer and she has a way of drawing the reader in and keeping them guessing. This book is a part of the Lost Lords series and I am interested in reading the rest. This book was different because it was about twins that traded places. Each sister is different in her own way, and after they switch it might be too late to claim what is theirs and their true identities. The end was a great fit for the characters and I am happy that it ended the way it did. Although I am still wondering about Bree's future, I am sure that I will find out in a future novel. I also want to state that towards the end Bree says that she is not going to marry until she is very old, at least 25. Now that I am 31 and 11 months old I can not imagine how I would feel if I was in the time period of the book. Definitely something interesting to think about. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review from Night Owl Reviews, however all opinions are my own.  

No comments:

Post a Comment