Sunday, October 6, 2013

The Widow File by S.G. Redling Review


Dani, a data analyst with an elite security firm, possesses the unnerving ability to read people by the trash they leave behind. Receipts, parking tickets, the detritus of daily life—if you leave it behind, she will figure you out. Her latest case involves high-tech industrial espionage at a corporation with ties to the military. But when a team of assassins sweeps through the firm, stealing all files and killing her coworkers, Dani narrowly escapes. Whoever ordered the strike thinks Dani has vital information and they put a hit man named Booker on her trail. Armed with only her wits and a bag of random investigation materials, Dani must figure out who the enemy really is while playing a high-stakes game of cat and mouse with the cunning hit man who has an agenda of his own.

My Review:
This was a great suspense novel. I thought about all of the different things that have happened like this. What if someone had something important from the two towers? That is what really made me think about this book. When Dani was the only survivor I kept wondering what was so important that she had. What could make so many people get murdered? I also felt bad for the hostage. However she was a mean boss, and my feelings did not last long. I also started to wonder about the guy that Dani found on the window sill. Why was nobody looking for him? Was he a rat? I started to question everything and everybody. I started to believe I knew who the ring leader was, but I was wrong. When I found out the truth, I was in shock. I liked Choo-Choo and I also thought that the author made him the perfect character to be with Dani. The hitman was also a strange character. He started to realize that he was missing some information from the people that hired him, and he was in trouble. The end of the book was very interesting to me. I do not think that it was true to life and that there would have been more drama surrounding Dani's character. However I had to read this book in one sitting. It was a great thriller! I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment