Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Aromatherapy Recipes for Health and Home by Andrea Butje Review

Essential Living Book

Aromatherapy Recipes
for Health and Home

Now available in paperback at Amazon.com or eBook (below)!
Aromatherapy is all about the therapeutic use of essential oils—highly aromatic substances that naturally occur in plants.
This beautiful Aromatherapy Recipes book offers everything a beginner needs to get started with simple aromatherapy for health and home. The book includes 60 easy recipes to help you createnatural, safe and environmentally-friendly products for beauty and skin care, health, travel, emotional wellness and for cleaning and caring for every room in your home.

Available in paperback or eBook format.

  • Build your collection. Learn what you need to build a basic essential oils kit for your home – including key essential oils and carriers.
  • Blending basics. Discover and practice basic blending techniques that you can perform in your own kitchen, at your own table.
  • A safe, non-toxic home. Find safe alternatives to toxic supermarket synthetic cleaners.  Blend your own disinfectants, deodorizers, antifungals and scrubs for even your toughest cleaning problems.
  • Fresh, healthy skin. Keep your skin beautiful and chemical free, using gentle, safe and natural moisturizers, cleansers, scrubs, perfumes and lotions that you create yourself.
  • A healthier body. Stay healthy using simple, effective and natural preventative measures against common ailments like cold and flu.
  • Safe kids & pets.  Blend safe products for your home and family that are free of synthetic chemicals, common allergens and abrasive chemicals.
My Review:
I really liked the intro chapter because it talked about the different types of plants and it also mentioned Peppermint, which I have growing in my backyard. The starter kit seemed important to me because I want to make sure that  have everything I need. I never knew that there were different blending techniques. I also like that the directions are straight forward, and there are pictures as well. 
What I enjoyed most about the book was that the chapters were divided by rooms. So if I wanted something for the kitchen I knew exactly where to look. There are cleaning recipes, travel boosters and everything I could think of. Plus since you are making them yourself, you can make as much as you want and save money! Now I know when I clean the floor exactly what the kiddos will be walking on!
I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment