Monday, May 27, 2013

A Bitter Reunion by J.N. Johnson


Lilly Myers ran from Clearwater ten years ago to start a new life as a nurse, leaving all of the pain and anguish of her broken heart behind. The last thing she ever wanted was to return home and face the grueling questions about her sudden disappearance. But the invitation to her ten-year classreunion and the growing need to see her family has her reluctantly boarding the first plane back. Unfortunately, in the small town of Clearwater, nothing stays buried for long. Lilly quickly finds herself facing the past she’s longed to leave behind and the man she’s tried hard to forget. Joshua Taylor has spent the last ten years managing his outfitters business, but it was never enough to keep his mind off the girl who got away. He’s always hoped the love of his life would return home and forgive him for the night she found him in another woman’s embrace. Mending fences along the way Joshua is prepared to do anything he can to prove his worth to Lilly. Now a hurt and angry Lilly is within arm’s reach, and Joshua is prepared to fight for her, even if it means facing danger head on. Can love blossom from such a bitter reunion?





About J.N Johnson:
Living in her hometown of Charleston, West Virginia, JN Johnson is the proud mother of two beautiful little girls and is married to her high school sweetheart (and greatest supporter ) whom she considers the rock that keeps her grounded.
She was first introduced to the world of fantasy when she was seven years old reading The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe making her never want to read about “the real world” again. Her mother and grandmother’s love of romance novels gave her the opportunity to learn about book trading, taking all of their old books to the local flea market to trade for anything that sparked her interest. Those days are long gone; her books now stay safely on her book shelves at home and out of harm’s way

Author Interview:
J.N. Johnson 

1.    Was she a nurse in her old life?
I started working at a level one trauma center when I was eighteen, at first I worked at an EKG tech watching the tedious beep, beep of the heart monitors then moved to patient care. I had thought that I wanted to become a nurse and I loved the excitement and fast pace of the hospital but when my babies were born I couldn’t bring myself to go back. So now I am a stay at home mom, a PTA member and a writer in my free time.
2.    What would her fellow classmates remember most about her high school days?
JN- Probably they would remember that I was boring. I was the only kid in my school that spent more time in the library than skipping school.
Lilly- That she was a funny outgoing girl with a gentle smile and caring heart who only had eyes for Joshua. Lilly would have been the type of girl who cheered everyone on even if it meant being on the sidelines and out of the spotlight.
3. What family did she leave behind? I have been fortunate to live within a fifteen minute drive of mine and my husband’s family. We are a very close knit group although my hubby travels a lot so I do have some separation issues when he is gone; we have been together longer than I have a drivers license. See I told you that I was boring J
4. Why does Joshua deserve a 2nd chance? I’m not sure if Joshua is the one getting the second chance or if it’s Lilly’s. They both allowed the events of one night disrupt the rest of their lives and for that they both deserved the chance to move on and repair their broken hearts.  
5. What would you like my readers to know?  I had a blast writing this story; Marissa Dobson did an amazing job setting up the imaginary town of Clearwater in the first installment of the series with her story Winterbloom that I had to be a part of it. Lilly and Joshua became like part of an extended family for me and I hope that your readers come back for more with Calebs story Unwanted Proposal releasing late summer from Sunshine Press!
Thank you for having me today!
J.N
thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment