Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Catching Stardust by Heather Thurmeier review!

Catching Stardust

Release: February 25, 2013
Author: Heather Thurmeier
Availability: E-Book
Genre: Romance
Tags: Paranormal Romance, Science Fiction
Publisher: Heather Thurmeier
 
Maia’s been banished to Earth from her place among the stars as the eldest sister of Pleiades... and all because Orion won’t stop chasing her around the universe. Now Maia has to find her way back to the stars with only the help of hunky astronautics scientist Zander while staying hidden from Orion. Zander never expected the discovery of his lifetime to fall into his lap, but when Maia also falls into his bed, he knows there’s no way he can turn the goddess who has stolen his heart into a science project. With his best friend ready to sell him out for fame, her wannabe lover Orion chasing after her on Earth, and time running out fast, Zander must fight to keep Maia safe long enough to get her home. If going home means losing Zander, is Maia ready to go back to the stars?

My Review:
I am a fan of Greek mythology, and there was a lot of it in this book. I really liked that Zeus took "orders" from Atlas. Although concerning Earth, I guess he should. lol. Maia is a star that falls from the Heavens. She thinks that it is Zeus's idea, but it isn't. She meets Zander and falls for him. However he is a mortal.
Zander loves looking at the sky and also shows his students the stars at night. It is when they count one less in Maia's constellation that Maia gets introduced.
This really was a fun book to read. It is not your average mortal/ goddess love interest. The twists that the author uses kept me glued to the book, and I found myself wondering how these two star crossed loves would be united.
Zander finds a way to get back Maia, but will it work? What will Zeus say? What about Jude (great name choice by the way.... close to Judas)? Where will they live? Can either survive in each others world?
I am giving this book a 4/5 because the story about star crossed lovers is old, the author did a great job in giving it a new spin! I can not wait to read the next book in the series to check in on Maia and Zander! I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!
Thanks to http://www.nightowlreviews.com/V5/

About Heather:
I’m a full-time stay at home Mum to two kids and a King Charles pup named Indy. I’m married to the uber-talented and creative Michael Thurmeier. He’s my own personal romance hero. He’s very supportive about my new career as a romance author and happily turns a blind eye to my Hero Hotness Pinterest board. ;) In my defense, a girl has to have unrealistic celebrity man-candy inspiration for her books. The muse needs man-candy… And margaritas. And intravenous coffee, black with sugar. However, we do not need spiders.
Now that I’ve published a few books, I feel like I’ve finally found my passion in life. This is it. Writing, telling stories, creating characters—it’s all awesome! I feel blessed that I get to spend my time with my family and my writing. Everyday I live my happily ever after

No comments:

Post a Comment