Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Fire Prophet by Jerel Law review

This is book 2 in the Son of Angels  series by Jerel Law.I was lucky enough to have read book 1: Spirit Fighter. I reviewed it here: http://dealsharingaunt.blogspot.com/2012/05/spirit-fighter-by-jerel-law-book-review.html
These books are awesome because they are for young adults, and are based on scripture. The first book was based on Genesis, and this book is based mostly on the Ephesians. I can not tell you how great I think this is for kids to be able to read a fantasy book about fighting and to have it deep in religion. Especially for kids is catholic schools. They can relate their bible learning to what they are reading. I really think that this is great for older home school kids. rather then just reading the Bible, they can read this too.
This book follows the Stone Family, more importantly Jonah Stone. He is a quarterling, the child of a nephilim (a child of a human and fallen angel), as are his 2 siblings. Jonah and his sister are major characters in the first book, their younger brother Jeremiah comes into this book in a big way. I cannot believe his spiritual power! However I will not ruin that for you!.  The book starts off with the 2 older kids getting attacked in school. They are brought to a convent to study their gifts and improve their lives. However evil has a way of ruining their plans, as it does in real life. Jonah soon starts to hear voices, and needs to help someone in need. Will they rescue the Prophet? Will they save the day? The book plays a huge role in showing how important Prayer is, and in proving that God answers our prayers, even if we don't see how at first.
I can not wait until book 3 to come out! Jerel Law is on my list of favorite readers! I will read every one of his books!
I was given the opportunity to review this book, and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment