Monday, May 7, 2012

Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law book review

I was given the opportunity to review Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law. I was given the book for the purpose of this review but all opinions are my own.
This is the first book in the "Son of Angels: Jonah Stone series". This books claims to be a "fantasy story with a supernatural twist". I totally agree. The author was able to include a fantasy world within the book different from the regular world that the story takes place in. This is done in such a thoughtful way, that the 2 worlds mesh well together and you can easily switch back and forth while reading.

The story is about an average seventh grader, or so he thought. Until he is told the truth, that he is one-quarter angel! His mom gets kidnapped. Jonah and his sister have to fight fallen angels to save their mother! All while learning their new roles as one-quarter angels!.

I also enjoyed the fact that this book was based on scripture in the the book of Genesis. As a catholic, I think that the bible was portrayed very nicely, and by the end of the book, I definitely understood that God played a big roll in the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment