Monday, October 1, 2012

October is here!!

I love October. In honor of October I will be doing the Spook a day! I will Share one spooky item that I find online to share with my readers!!!

10 Pumpkin Patterns Free Crochet Patterns to Make for Halloween10 Pumpkin Patterns Free Crochet Patterns to Make for Halloween

http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Halloween-Crochet

This is a website with all different FREE Halloween Crochet Patterns!

Also the Autumn Blog Challenge prompt for today is :
October 1 - What is your most memorable Halloween?

I was tempted not to do this one, because when I thought about it, I cried. but I hope that I am done with that for right now... so here goes!

My favorite Halloween was when I was about 13 (don't remember exactly). My Dad got a refrigerator box that he used as a casket. He painted it black, and put RIP on it. Then he bought dry ice and put it in a cauldron. He had fake stuffed rats all over the yard. He dressed as the Grimm reaper. My sister Lala and I dressed as witches. We had a red devil windsock that fit right over our lamp post, (we put it out every year). We put our stereo speakers in the windows and played a cd of spooky music.  Every Year we each carved our own pumpkins and put candles inside.  The steam from the dry ice slowly moved over the casket! It was better then a haunted house! My sister over at www.3partnersinshopping.blogspot.com had to work, and dressed up as an M&M!. My mom also help make all of our costumes!
My dad put a walkie talkie in the mail box (by us) and he talked scary into it. we said it was the cauldron LOL! Then he would jump out from behind the bushes and scare people silly. Even parents ran away scared lol..
On a side note, my dad worked for the school that was only about 7 houses away! so the kids knew it was a safe house... as did the parents! My dad loved Halloween. Even after Halloween he would have kids from around the block come over for candy.

I also missed yesterdays prompt ;
September 30 - If you were to add a 13th month to the year where would you insert it? In the Fall of course!!!!! I would love another month of fall, and in between October and November before the Holiday rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment