Monday, October 8, 2012

Man in the Blue Moon by Michael Morris book review

Man in the Blue Moon


I was given the opportunity to review this book from Tyndale. All opinions are my own.
I thought that the book had a very good story line and the book held my interest. However I think that some of the chapters were too long, and they had too much info. I was lost in these chapters. The characters were really likable, and easy to relate to.
I did have a few questions at the end of the book. How was Lanier able to use his "gift" and I would have liked to learn more about it. I also would have liked to see Lanier get married.

The book is about a woman who marries, against her aunts wishes, a man that leaves her and her children all alone with a lot of bills to pay. help comes along in the form of a man named Lanier. Lanier Comes to Ella in a box with the name of a clock company on it. Ella does everything she can to pay the bank on time. She sells everything she can, except for her land. There were many obstacles, many illnesses and a few people even die. Michael Morris did a wonderful job of showing how the children in this book came into adulthood, at young ages.

To learn more about Michael Morris please visit www.michaelmorrisbooks.com

All in all I liked the book, and would love to see a sequel with the kids fighting for Ella's land, a generation later!

No comments:

Post a Comment