Saturday, March 31, 2012

Eye of the Sword by Karyn Henley book review!

I decided to read this book because I like historical fiction, and I am also a fan of historical romance. this book has a little bit of both, plus this book has some historical fantasy mixed in as well. This is the second book in the Angelaeon Circle series. I received this book for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.
I wish that I had read the first book, because I think that I would have enjoyed it. There is a map at the beginning of the book, as well as list of names of all the people and creatures in the book. I did flip to the map and glossary a few times during the book. I also liked the simplicity of the story. there was a damsel that needed help, and her knight was there to save her. This is an old story, but the author brought new life to the story with a new kind of damsel, and a new setting in which the story takes place!
All in all this was a very good read, and I found it hard to put the book down. There were a few different plots going on and they were all answered. There was also a happy ending that left room for a third installment of the series. I really enjoyed that there were angels in the book, because I think that the world could use more angels! There were a few times where I had to use the glossary because some of the names were hard to remember. A few of the characters had nicknames and I think that it would have been easier for me to read, if more of the characters had nicknames.

No comments:

Post a Comment