Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Book Review~ From Blah to Awe by Jenna Lucado Bishop

I choose this book to review because I was interested in the part of the synopsis that stated "you'll discover how to keep your faith fresh and vibrant and alive". I am a Godmother, I have been for four years. But now my sweet little Goddaughter is starting to understand a lot more about holidays. Just the other day I said to her, Easter is not just about Easter eggs, it is about Jesus and Heaven. She said "Poppy is in Heaven". At that moment I thought to myself, how am I going to stay "vibrant" when there are so many different things to teach her, and not all of them are happy. That is why I choose this book.
I really liked the layout of the book. There are places to write your responses to particular passages and or scriptures. There is also a review at the end of each chapter. What I also liked was that there is not to much scripture versus. There are a lot throughout the book, but they are small and to the point. It is the perfect amount. There were also real life accounts from people sharing their faith.
What I didn't like was that this book is for a juvenile. The book talks about going to school and being popular. The book made it seem to me that if you are popular, then you have too much pride, and therefore you are not that close to God. If you are the popular kid that picks on the other kids, then yes you are not that close to God. However I believe that God has a plan for every one of us. Some of us have to be the popular ones.
If I could sum up this book in one sentence it would be.... You need to look for faith and you need to work hard at it, because it is not just given to you, but once you find your faith you will be in complete awe.

This book was given to me for the purpose of this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment