Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Love & Respect Experience Book Review!

I was given a copy of this book by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs for the purpose of this review from www.booksneeze.com . However all opinions are my own!
While reading the recap about the book, I decided to read it because my husband and I went to church a lot in the past. I figured that this would be good for both of us to reconnect. The book states " A Husband-Friendly Devotional that Wives Truly Love". I totally agree. The advice is evenly given for men and women throughout the book. The advice is given in a respectful way, and is given from a married man. (Easier to connect to the readers).
The format of the book makes the book extremely easy to read. There are 52 chapters that are meant to be read once a week. I can totally see couples going to church, then coming home to read their weekly chapter. Each Chapter also has an "insight". The insight is basically a one sentence recap of the main theme of the chapter. At the end of ever chapter is a prayer section and an action section. I also thought that this was a great idea because the couple then gets to pray together and act upon what they have read.
There was so much good information in the book that related to the bible. However the book was more about your marriage with religion, rather then a religious marriage.
These are some of the memorable quotes that I hope to never forget:
"INSIGHT: One verbal punch usually begets a verbal counterpunch. Use words wisely." page 34
"INSIGHT: What "seems right" can ruin everything. Get the facts!" page 62
"An offended friend is harder to in back than a fortified city. Arguments separate friends like a gate locked with iron bars (NLT)." page 173

There are also discussion questions for each chapter at the end of the book. All in all I really enjoyed this book, and feel that it had useful information.

No comments:

Post a Comment