Tuesday, September 20, 2011

"Has God Spoken Book" Review




I recently finished the book "Has God Spoken" by Hank Hanegraaff. I chose to read this book because as a Catholic, I do not always make it to church every weekend, and I wanted a different insight to the Bible.
I have read excepts of the Bible, and heard excepts at church, but I have never had the chance to look into the Bible this deeply. I have read and seen "The DaVinci Code", and I like that sort of Indiana Jones kind of archeology. That is what You will find in the first half of this book.
The first half of this book is dedicated to proving the truth of the Bible through other accounts of history. Including the Dead Sea Scrolls. There is evidence in this book that proves Noah's flood, and Jesus rising on the third day. I was really interested, and at times could not put the book down. I think that if every Catholic read this, then they would have a renewed lease on their faith. As did I.
The second half of the book describes different ways to prove that the Bible is truly the word of God. Including Typology, and Prophecies.
I also liked the format of the book. There are Memorable Snapshots at the end of every chapter, to help you remember what you have read. There is also an Appendix called "The Legacy Reading Plan". The acronym LEGACY ensures that you read the whole Bible within a years time, by reading certain pages each day. I am 29 and have not read the whole Bible. This is going to be my New Year's Resolution next year (4 months away, time flies). I also encourage everyone to try it with me.

To quote what this book proves, he says on page 104 "As such, what was concealed in the soil corresponds to what is revealed in the scriptures".

In closing, I also found something that I really want to quote, and I would like to try to use this quote more in my own life. On page 224 he states "Set goals. He who aims at nothing invariably hits it".


The publisher has provided me with a complimentary copy of this book or advanced reading copy through BookSneeze®. All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there, Debs Dealz following you back! Thanks for linking up to our Thankful Thursday Hop! Please link up tonight for the TGIF Hop!

    Debs Dealz

    http://www.debsdealz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I'm a new follower via the hop
    http://www.thesaratogasaver.com/
    I like the quote at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow! Following back via FB and GFC! Lots of love from the Bloggity Blog Team.

    ReplyDelete