Angelica Under Glass (A Green Witch and Thorn Mystery) by C L Roman
About Angelica Under Glass
Angelica Under Glass (A Green Witch and Thorn Mystery)
Paranormal Cozy Mystery
1st in Series
Setting - Hawthorne, Florida, USA
Independently Published
Publication date : August 28, 2026
Print length : 204 pages
Paperback ISBN-13 : 979-8235384866
Digital ISBN-13 : : 9798235844025
ASIN : B0HBD58WTR
When the main sponsor of a regional potions competition is found dead in her hotel suite, the evidence is almost too neat: a rare allergy, a suspicious vial, and Lena Knox's best friend standing over the body.
Faye didn't do it. But someone went to a lot of trouble to make it look like she did.
Lena - green witch and reluctant amateur sleuth - isn't about to let her best friend take the fall. Not when the killer is still in the hotel, the suspect list includes half the potions industry, and the motive turns out to be tangled up in a family secret Faye didn't even know she had.
With her familiar, Thorn, offering opinions she didn't ask for, and her ex-boyfriend inconveniently working the case, Lena is going to need more than potions to untangle this one.
About C L Roman
C.L. Roman (aka Cheri) writes fantasy across multiple subgenres — this cozy paranormal mystery marks her first foray into crime-solving witches. She lives in Northeast Florida with her ever-patient husband and their spirited mini-menagerie: Jack E. Boy, the super Chihuahua; Bennie the Jet; Pyewacket (Pye), the frequently invisible cat and possible space alien; and Lilly, all grown up now and every bit as imperious as she always intended to be. Find Cheri online at clroman.com and on Facebook under C.L.'s Novel Bunch.
Interview:
1. When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?
I wrote my first book, and turned it into an audiobook, for my freshman English class in high school. I wrote poetry and short stories way before that, but that was the first time I really put all the disparate parts – plot, character, scenery, etc. together in one piece and I have to say, I was hooked from the start.
2. How long does it take you to write a book?
About two months all together. That doesn’t include getting it ready for publication. That part is a whole other skill set.
3. What is your work schedule like when you're writing?
I usually sit down at my desk around 9 am and write until I hit my word count for the day, usually around 2600 words at least. Then I do the business side of things for whatever time is left until 3:30 or so. After that I have to feed the menagerie, or they get cranky, LOL.
4. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I tend to write the skeleton first. Just the basic story, who does what, when, where, and usually why. Then I go back and fill in the rest. It’s kind of like starting with a pencil sketch and ending with an oil portrait.
5. How do books get published?
That depends on which route you decide to take. You can go traditional publishing, which involves query letters, agents, publishing houses and all that. The advantage there is that, if your book is accepted, they take care of the editing, cover, printing costs, and sometimes a bit of marketing. But, they also take full control of your manuscript, which may include a cover you don’t really like or editorial choices you wouldn’t have made.
Another way to go, and the one I’ve chosen, is indie publishing. I write, format and publish my books on independent platforms like Draft2Digital and Kobo. It’s a lot more work, but it keeps all the creative choices in my control.
6. Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
The ideas can be sparked by almost anything. A dream, a conversation, or even a random comment overheard in a store can spark an entire plotline. My information comes from research, usually. For Angelica Under Glass, I used herbology encyclopedias, internet witch craft sites and books, web searches, etc. I try to keep things as authentic as possible.
7. When did you write your first book and how old were you?
Around 14, I think. I really wish I still had that first manuscript, but my teacher asked to keep it. His daughter loved it.
8. What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I am a quilter and a crafter. I love making cards for family birthdays and anniversaries.
9. What does your family think of your writing?
They are very supportive. I know I’m lucky in that department. I’m pretty sure my mom has read everything I’ve ever written.
10. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
How much of the work there is left after the book is written. Publishing is a lot harder and more labor intensive than writing.
11. How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?
I think there are about 30 titles in my backlist now. I’ve always struggled with the idea of favorites, especially when it comes to books. Different books are my favorite at any given moment because of my mood or what is going on in the world. Whatever book I’m working on at the moment is always my favorite until I start writing the next one, though.
12. Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? If so, what are they?
I thing the two best things I’ve ever learned about writing are about equal in importance. 1 – put your butt in a chair to write on a regular schedule. Make it a priority. If you only have a few minutes each day, then write for a few minutes each day, but do it EVERY DAY. If you can only fit in an hour a week, okay, but keep that hour sacred. Remember that your work – and it is work, make no mistake – is just as important as anything else you do and treat it accordingly. 2. Know why you are doing it. What is your goal? Are you writing for the paycheck? Are you writing just for yourself? Is it a hobby or a career? Whatever goal you may have is valid, but that goal is going to affect how you approach the page. Knowing your reason for writing will save you a lot of heartache.
13. Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?
I hear from readers sometimes and I love it. Some just want to tell me they loved or occasionally hated, the book. Others want to ask me why I had character A behave in such and such a way, or they’ve discovered what they believe is a plot hole (sometimes they’re right, and I am grateful) and they want me to explain things better. Whatever their reaction, I like hearing about it. Sometimes it’s what I need to hear to keep writing, other times it helps me write better.
14. Do you like to create books for adults?
I love to write stories. Some are for adults, some are for kids, but I love reading “kids books” too. I think it’s the story telling that does it for me.
15. What do you think makes a good story?
A story that has hope, and character, and a sense of humor. Hopeless tales don’t speak to me. It’s just not part of my world view. And if the story doesn’t mean something, doesn’t have some kind of character or wisdom, then I’m not sure it’s a very good story. It doesn’t have to be a happy story, or a sad one. It just needs to be honest, have hope, and mean something.
16. As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Oh, a hundred different things on any given day. I think that’s part of what being a kid is. The endless possibility of life. But I always wanted to write. Always.
17. What Would you like my readers to know?
That whatever way or genre they like to read is a good choice for them. I don’t gatekeep reading and I don’t think anyone else should either. I write in a number of fantasy subgenres and I don’t think any of them are necessarily better than any of the rest. They all have their place, and I think that’s true of all genres. There are stories everywhere. We just have to find the ones that speak to us.
Have you signed up to be a Tour Host? Click Here to Find Details and Sign Up Today! Want to Book a Tour? Click Here

No comments:
Post a Comment