Monday, February 1, 2016

The Finest Hours Movie Review


The Finest Hours Synopsis: Opens Jan 29, 2016
Disney's heroic action-thriller, “The Finest Hours” is the remarkable true story of the most daring rescue mission in the history of the Coast Guard. Presented in Digital 3D™, Real D 3D and IMAX® 3D, the film will transport audiences to the heart of the action, creating a fully-immersive cinematic experience on an epic scale. PG-13.
Cast: Chris Pine, Casey Affleck, Ben Foster, Holliday Grainger, John Ortiz and Eric Bana
My Review:
This was a movie that had a lot of suspense. It starts off with a typical guy and his girl in the 50's. He works for the Coast Guard and does not have a perfect record. From the beginning of the movie I could tell that I was going to like Chris Pine as Bernie Webber! His determination was well worth watching. I really enjoyed the old cars and the simplicity of 1952. When The radios went out, there was no wi-fi or internet. There were no cell phones. It was amazing to see these men risk their lives for the lives of others. They went into the ocean, and they had no idea what was in their future. It takes a certain type of person to risk their lives for others. The actors did a great job portraying these characteristics. This was based on true events and I have since been researching the events and time period. The ship scenes were vivid and I felt like the water was going to splash me at any moment, especially in 3D. The movie shifts between the rescuers and the people stick on the boat that need to be rescued. The ones that were stuck were on time restraints and it was amazing how they stayed afloat and how they got the tanker to steer certain ways. The rescue at the end kept me speechless and amazed. Every time they jumped off that ladder I was scared. Having lived in Connecticut my whole life, I am very familiar with Nor'Easters. After they jumped, they still had to make it home. It really was non stop action. At the end there were real life pictures of the people and real newspaper clippings. I loved seeing them get their medals. I am giving this movie a 5/5. I was given the opportunity to review, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment