Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Granny Snows A Sneak by Julie Seedorf Guest Post


granny snows a sneak large banner640

Granny Snows A Sneak
by Julie Seedorf

I love reading about Granny and her friends and loved ones. This book didn’t disappoint. It had all the usually antics that go on in the granny series.
~Community Bookstop
Granny is a hoot and a 1/2. I always feel funny calling a murder mystery cute, but this really just is cute, and a fun read.
~Tea and A Book
GrannySnowsGranny Snows A Sneak
(Fuchsia, Minnesota Book 3)

Cozy Mystery
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: Cozy Cat Press (November 6, 2014)
ISBN-13: 978-1939816559
E-Book ASIN: B00PSYBB3S
goodreads-badge-add-plus


Synopsis:

Granny may be retired as Fuchsia, Minnesota’s one-woman undercover sleuth for the Fuchsia Police Department, but that doesn’t mean she still doesn’t need a trusty weapon. Her weapon of choice? A pink snow shovel. When Granny runs over a dead body with her snowmobile, she unwittingly sets off a chain of events that involves mislabeled corpses, empty graves, and stolen money––lots of it! Who’s at the bottom of this years old crime? Granny has an idea, but she has little time to investigate, when in just days she’s scheduled to marry the love of her life, Franklin Gatsby, in a post-Christmas ceremony. So, Granny decides to enlist the help of her friends and neighbors. Add in Christmas holiday excitement and the arrival of Granny’s family, who are all there for her wedding, and mayhem ensues. Of course, Granny can always count on her many furry friends to provide her with moral support, but it’s quite possible that Granny––that is, Hermiony Vidalia Criony Fiddlestadt––has a secret or two of her own, which may very well be revealed as GRANNY SNOWS A SNEAK.
photo for google

About This Author
Author Julie Seedorf is a columnist, author and dreamer. She lived her live as a wife and mom, experiencing various careers including that of computer technician, retiring from her computer repair business in January of 2014 to follow her dream and transition to that of full-time writer.
 Beside her Fuchsia, Minnesota Series, she is the author of the Granny’s In Trouble Series bringing mystery to the life of young readers along with sharing who Granny is under the wrinkles, so her grandchildren will always know that Granny can be forever young. Her column Something About Nothing, is written with the idea that under the nothings we all talk about there is a hidden something waiting to get out.
Julie is a longtime Minnesota resident who shares the tough Minnesota winters with her Granny character. Outside of writing she likes to read,  try new hobbies and scurries to keep up with her social media. She lives with her husband and has two shysters of her own, Borris and Natasha. Her favorite moments are those she spends with her friends and family, especially her grandchildren.

Author  Links
Purchase Links
Amazon B&N
Tour Participants
March 23 – Babs Book Bistro – Guest Post
March 24 – Community Bookstop – Review
March 25 – Tea and A Book – Review, Interview
March 26 – deal sharing aunt – Guest Post
March 27 – readalot – Review, Giveaway
March 28 – Lisa Ks Book Reviews – Guest Post
March 29 – LibriAmoriMiei – Review
March 30 – Back Porchervations – Review
March 31 – Christa Reads and Writes – Review
April 1 – EditingPen – Interview, Giveaway
April 2 – Celebrating Authors – Spotlight
April 3 – A Blue Million Books – Interview
April 4 – Brooke Blogs –  Review, Guest Post
Guest Post:
It Takes A Village
            Writing my first book was easy. I had no expectations. My readers had no expectations.
            I wrote the book, Granny Hooks A Crook, because I wanted to put some silliness in my life and lift my spirits. I never dreamed I would send the book to a publisher and someone would actually want to publish it.
            My readers had never read any of my work so they didn’t know what to expect. From both stand points in my eyes it was a no pressure deal.
            Granny Snows a Sneak was more difficult to write. It wasn’t hard from the standpoint that when I was writing I got lost in the characters and the story. It was hard because it was the third book in the series, and I had to make sure to get the details, explained in earlier books, right.
            I need to tell you I am not a detail person. I am more caught up in story and life rather than in the tiny intricate details that make the story come alive and made my life what it is today. I am a bigger picture person. The details are there, but I love throwing in new details until I have many that are hard to keep track off. Of course then there is the grammar and the commas.
            One slight miss of a detail came to life one day when a reader questioned me as to what kind of business the Ecstatic Emporium was. The Ecstatic Emporium? It was a business mentioned in the first book and not talked about again in the next two. My reader was sharp.
            Again, it goes down to details I didn’t realize I had missed. The Ecstatic Emporium sits on Main Street of Fuchsia. It was mentioned as one of the businesses, but I hadn’t given it any thought because my stories had focused on other places of business in the Fuchsia Community. Eventually when I laid out the businesses I knew I would get to them one by one in my series, but I hadn’t got to the point where I decided exactly how every business that I mentioned was going to serve the community of Fuchsia.
            That reader’s question was a light bulb moment for this new writer. I knew I needed to think things out in more detail. I immediately set forth, drawing a map of the community of Fuchsia, placing my businesses and homes where they needed to be, and establishing what each business stood for in this unique community.
            I learn from my readers how to be a better writer. I learn from other authors that mentor me how to hone my skills. I listen to my editors and their suggestions. My editors at Cozy Cat Press and also D. A. Sarac at the Editing Pen make my writing and my stories look and flow better.
            I have learned in my new career as an author that writing a book is not all about me. It takes a village to raise a child. Writing a book is somewhat like raising a child and it takes a literary village to raise a book. That village is a team of writers, editors, illustrators, publishers, reviewers, and not to be forgotten, readers. I am thankful every day for all of them.
           
            

No comments:

Post a Comment