Saturday, March 29, 2014

Gatehaven by Molly Noble Bull Review


About Gatehaven:

Gatehaven by Molly Noble Bull is a Christian Gothic historical novel set in a haunting mansion in the north of England where Ian Colquhoun and Shannon Aimee battle a Frenchman with dark secrets—spiritual warfare vs. the occult.  Will they learn enough about God’s words to defend themselves and others or will evil overcome them?

My Review:
This book had a lot of great things in it. I loved the setting and the cover. I also was happy that the author wrote about realistic characters. I can not imagine any parents letting their daughter go to meet some guy that she thinks she will marry. Especially so far away. Once she meets his family she realizes that she has no idea what she has gotten herself into. I was so glad that she had people looking for her. The subplot of the mysterious murder was also interesting and I enjoyed that the ending tied up everything very nicely. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a great review of my Christian Gothic, Gatehaven.
    Like Shannon, my rather gullible nineteen-year-old heroine in Gatehaven, I fell in love with a guy my parents didn't approve of when I was in my late teens, and I give God all the thanks and glory for keeping me from making a terrible mistake by marrying him.
    Shannon was a hard character to like because of her foolish mistakes. I'm glad you "got it" and understood her.
    Molly Noble Bull

    ReplyDelete