Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Only Exception by Magan Vernon Guest Post


The Only Exception by Magan Vernon
April  2013



BOOK SUMMARY:
Monica Remy doesn’t make exceptions.

The fiery nineteen-year-old transferred to Central College to escape her problems, blend into the crowd and forget the past. But escape becomes almost impossible when she attracts the attention of her new and undeniably sexy neighbor: Trey Chapman, the governor’s son.

Despite his vivid green eyes, adorable freckles, and athletic body, Trey is everything that Monica despises - haughty, conservative, bossy. And able to get under her skin in a way no other man ever could.

A class project forces the unlikely pair together, their chemistry building with each heated debate. But when the ghosts of Monica’s past come back to haunt her, both their beliefs will be tested, and both will be forced to see the world in a new light.

Their differences threaten to tear them apart, unless they can make one another their only exception.

Buy Links:
Barnes and Noble:  http://bit.ly/19RdeRi


Author Information

Magan Vernon is a Young Adult and New Adult writer who lives with her family in the insurance capital of the world. When not writing she spends her time fighting over fake boyfriends via social media. You can find her online at www.maganvernon.com.



Ten Random Facts about The Only Exception (by author)
1.)    Monica Louise Remy derives from the fact that I was pregnant with my second child while writing this book and those were three of my choices for a girl’s name. My husband hated them all, so instead she became my character.
2.)    Monica and Trey’s debate class was an actual class that I had in college, with a similar teacher, and I even wrote a paper and debated on the same topic as they did. I was VERY familiar with all of it.
3.)    The car that Trey drives was chosen because I put out a post on Facebook asking what a haughty, Chicago guy in college would drive that would be all American and perfect for a politician’s son.
4.)    John Boy was always my favorite character. Even in this book.
5.)    The song that Monica and Trey dance to at Barn Dance is “I finally found you” by Enrique Iglesias. When I wrote and every time I edited that scene, I HAD to listen to that song.
6.)    Trey’s secret was a surprise even to me. I didn’t know what was going to be his secret until I actually wrote the scene when it was revealed.
7.)    Melanie was originally Mellissa until I realized that could be mistaken for me writing about my cousin with the same name who has brown curly hair.
8.)    Yes, I purposefully based Monica’s house mom off of Dorota from Gossip Girl.
9.)    In the first draft, Monica and Trey went to her parents’ house instead of his. I liked the way it ended up in the final draft much better.
10.) Central College is basically Illinois State University. If you do a Google Maps search of it you will see A LOT of similarities to what I describe.

No comments:

Post a Comment