Sunday, May 12, 2013

The X by Lorena Bathey Review! Great thriller!!

:
Clarissa Hadonfield had it all. She lived in a lovely home surrounded by affluent intellectuals, had a successful husband, and two phenomenal teenage boys. 

With the ring of a doorbell she finds her life substituted by one where she has to fight for her children against an evil she never knew existed and had been sleeping next to for the last twenty years.

When Clarissa's X shows his true colors, she finds she must become a strong woman who cannot only grow prize-winning flowers but can place a devastating roundhouse kick. Teaming up with Bryce Brightman, an ex-FBI agent, she uncovers a woman whose only goal is to save her children.

This story is about what a woman can do when she put her brains, her brawn, and her boots into changing the course of her life and protecting the ones she loves.

My Review:
This was a great thriller. A mother's wrath is like no other. It was interesting to see Clarissa realize who she was really married to. It is scary that he could hide his true identity from her for so long. I can not imagine what that must feel like after eight years, never mind how long Clarissa was married. The shock of who he was and how the kids reacted was not right. I could not believe what a jerk Ben was. I loved to hate him, especially when he brought his kids into the drama. I really liked the fight in Clarissa and I knew that Ben was in for a fight. The ending was so good, and I hope this author writes more books!   
I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment