Saturday, April 20, 2013

Michal's Window by Rachelle Ayala Review


Michal is one of those fascinating women in history who had the guts to stand up to the establishment and the courage to take her punishment. I knew there was more to her story than the surface presentation in the Bible. If God was so adamant about men remaining with the wife of their youth (Proverbs 5:18-19) and not mistreating their covenant wife (Malachi 2:14), then why did it seem as if David got away with his burgeoning harem?

Michal was shortchanged in most history books, novels and Bible commentaries, so I wrote my own version of her story to vindicate this heroic woman, too strong for her time
My Review:
Wow, what a great story about biblical times. The author did a great job of writing about the time period. I felt as though I was there with them walking along side them. What a new and inventive way to retell stories that we all know from the Bible. I have read a previous book from this author and I really enjoyed it. This book was no exception. I definitely recommend his author. The ending was enjoyable. I am giving this book a 5/5 and will be reading more from this author! If you have read the Bible or not, liked the Bible or not, I still recommend this book! You can find out more here: http://www.rachelleayala.com and Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/RachelleAyalaWriter
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment