Monday, August 3, 2026

Dearly Beloved by Rae Werth New Release and Review

 


Veronica Beverly? Banished Indefinitely.
An alias named Victoria Pierce? Law Abiding Citizen, well…sort of.

With an opportunity to return back to the palace, Veronica dives headfirst in as the new handmaid to the Prince of Hawthorn. Clearing her family name is at the forefront of her mind, as well as seeing the young boy she grew up with.

Sebastian Baros? The unfortunate Prince of Hawthorn.
A certified prick? Absolutely.

Politically arranged to an unbearable woman, Sebastian is just trying to get by one day at a time. He’s managed to become the very person he feared turning into; his father. Not to mention his disinterest in the royal life he’s meant to live.

Obsession meets devotion, their separate worlds colliding into one, and now it’s time for them to find their way back to each other.

Buy Links:

Amazon

This time for good.



About the author

Rae Werth is a new indie author as of 2026, after finally pushing herself to sit down and write the dang book. Her lifelong dream was to become an author and now in her early thirties, she has made that dream a reality. She plans to continue writing, keeping her genre strictly in the...spicy category. Rae is often praised for her unique 'writer's voice' as well as her relatable characters. Witty banter and tension filled scenes is something she excels in.

Links:

Goodreads

Author Goodreads

Instagram was

My Review:

This was an interesting read. The setting was one of my favorites, a castle. There was also a mean king, stupid queen and a wife, Mary, that was completely ignorant of what she was doing. There was a handmaid in this book, but not the kind that we have been used to reading lately. Veronica, the handmaid, was a character to like. She wanted to be reunited with her childhood sweetheart. Her childhood sweetheart was the son of the king, and the future heir. The stupid queen did awful things, but she thought she was doing them for the right reasons. There was sex and adult language/ scenes in the book. This is an adult book. There was also a question of infertility. Thus, the handmaid. Veronica is a spitfire! She is snarky and not afraid to voice her opinions. Sebastian is stubborn and not a great guy. He does some pretty shady things. I liked the other characters like Georgina and especially the cat!!!!! All this character development and world building is added to the main plot of the book. Veronica's secret. I was surprised that it took so long for Sebastian and the others to catch on. The character banter, spice, vengefulness and true lifelike characters made for a fast read. I could see these characters in a series. I really liked this book and only wished that the end had more information. I wanted to know more about how these characters ended up. I hope that there is a sequel. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy, all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment