Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Three Shoeboxes by Steven Manchester Review



Synopsis: Mac Anderson holds life in the palm of his hand. He has a beautiful wife, three loving children, a comfortable home and successful career. Everything is perfect—or so it seems. Tragically, Mac is destined to learn that any sense of security can quickly prove false. After a horrific auto accident, an invisible enemy called Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (P.T.S.D.) invades Mac’s fragile mind and drops him to his knees. He does all he can to conceal his inner-chaos, but to no avail. Left to contend with ignorance, an insensitive justice system and the struggles of an invisible disease, his family is taken from him.

One shoebox might store an old pair of sneakers. Two shoeboxes could contain a lifetime of photographs. But in Three Shoeboxes, a father’s undying love may be just enough to make things right again.

My Review:
This is a very emotional book. I felt as though I was inside Mac's marriage and that I was spiraling out of control with him. I WANTED TO SCREAM AT HIM TO TALK TO HIS WIFE. I could feel the tension building in their marriage and I was worried for their children. Jen was a great mother. Her character was bitterly realistic. She was reacting as a mother scorned. As Mac got help I became more and more proud of him. I liked that the author gave him obstacles and he didn't just get everything on the first try. Late in the book I thought it was him, but it couldn't be. There was a restraining order. He would not risk everything he had worked for. Finally the end. I needed tissues. I LOVED the ending. I hope that there is a sequel. The author has a prequel that you can get HERE! I am giving this book a 5/5, I was given a copy, all opinions are my own. This author is one of those authors that I try to get all of his books because each one is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment