Friday, September 29, 2017

The Ebb Tide by Beverly Lewis Review

About

Oh, to see the ocean, Sallie thought. And to spend the summer as a nanny. She shook her head in amazement. This seemed too good to be true, but she really must talk it over with Dat and Mamm, especially since she'd be gone so long. 
And after I promised Mamm I'd take baptism classes this summer . . .
The Ebb Tide

Sallie Riehl has dreamed of traveling at least once before settling down to join church, so she is thrilled at an unexpected summer opportunity to nanny in Cape May for a well-to-do family. However, saying even a temporary good-bye to Paradise Township means forgoing baptism another year, as well as leaving behind a would-be beau. Yet the weeks in Cape May soon prove unforgettable as Sallie meets a Mennonite young man whose friendship she quickly begins to cherish. Has she been too hasty with her promises, or will she only find what her heart is longing for back home?

THE AUTHOR

  1. Beverly Lewis
    Photo courtesy of Aimee Christenson

    Beverly Lewis

    Beverly Lewis (www.beverlylewis.com), born in the heart of Pennsylvania Dutch country, has more than 17 million books in print. Her stories have been published in twelve languages and have regularly appeared on numerous bestseller lists, including the New...
    Continue reading about Beverly Lewis
.















My Review:

This is a great story about not knowing what you miss until it is gone. I liked that she gave up her dreams to help others in need. It was really a sweet gesture in the beginning of the book that set the tone for what kind of character Sallie was going to be. The job as a nanny is not always fun. I was recently asked if I would ever foster kids, and I said that I did not want to have to say goodbye. I do not know how Sallie decides what to do. To stay in Cape May or go back home? There was a part that I thought was obvious. Of course her beau would be someone that would be a perfect fit for her, and I guessed as much. I did not guess how their "courtship" would be and if they would make it. With family on her mind, love in her heart and a new family that she has come to love all on the line, what will she choose? Who else will it benefit? Who will it hurt? This was a great story, and the title is also a great fit. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment