Thursday, February 16, 2017

Blue Waters by India R Adams Interview

Banner for Blue Water.jpg

 Book Title: Blue Waters
 Author Name: India R Adams
Genre: Young Adult/Romance
Hosted by: Ultimate Fantasy Book Tours
Blue Water.jpg


  Blurb: "The blue water I sank through was angelic, quiet, peaceful…" Whitney is a vivacious, highly spirited 17-year-old girl. Her motto, "Live life to the fullest" is derailed when the young man, who's captured her attention, turns out to be the son of a drug tycoon- the same that provided the drugs that killed her brother. Whitney believes she simply need to heal from her first heartache, not knowing she is a part of a devious trade, one against human rights, and she has been… since the day age was born. Blue Waters is the first Novella in a Tainted Waters, and begins a story of deception, corruption, self-discovery, and love with all that it demands you sacrifice… "There was a beauty in dying that day…"

 Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29207112-blue-waters
Amazon.com https://www.amazon.com/Blue-Waters-Tainted-Water-Novella-ebook/dp/B01BFSOD5S

  Author Bio:

india-r-adams  India R Adams is an author/singer/songwriter who has written YA and NA novels, and the music for the Forever series. India was born and raised in Florida but has also been so lucky as to live in Idaho (where she froze but fell in love with the small town life), Austin Texas (where she started her first book, Serenity, and met wonderful artist), and now Murphy, North Carolina (where the mountains have stolen a piece of her heart). Being a survivor of abuse, has inspired India to let others know they have nothing to be ashamed of. She put her many years of professional theater background to the test and has written fictional stories with a shadow of her personal experiences. She says, “I’m simply finding ways to empower perfect imperfections.” Another cause India feels needs change, is Sexual Slavery. She has joined forces with jewelers to design beautiful ways to raise money for non-profit organizations. Even though India writes about serious subjects such as domestic violence, sexual abuse, and Human Trafficking, she has a magnificent sense of humor, as do the characters she creates. Perfectly balanced between laughter and tears, her readers see how to empower their own perfect imperfections.


Interview:

1.  When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer?After writing my first book, Serenity. That book was a healing tool, only. I sent it to my best friends and was floored with their responses, saying something magical was there. Research told me that is what family and friends always say, not to trust their opinion. So I sent Serenity to people who had no soft spot for me. I was already writing my second book, Destiny, (because I simply couldn’t stop) when I received more reviews informing me that I don’t completely suckwhen telling a story. So I continued to write… and write…
2.  How long does it take you to write a book?My first drafts usually come together in a month. But then it can take years to get the manuscript where I want it. Blue and Black Waters are the last books I’ve written, and broke the rule of taking years to produce. Especially Black Waters. Link’s story was out of me and ready for editing within a couple of months. After writing so many other books, I’ve learned a lot and getting better at my job.
3.  What is your work schedule like when you're writing?Now being published, it has changed. I used to do nothing but write but now I have many more social media accounts and emails to contend with.
4.  What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?Uh, I’m not really sure. I’ve been told I am able to make readers cry then laugh, all in the same scene. Does that count?
5.  How do books get published?With a lot of freaking work! Hahaha…
6.  Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?Visions. I get a detailed vision of one scene and run with it. And once it starts, it pours out of me.
7.  When did you write your first book and how old were you?Umm, I think I was about 34.
8.  What do you like to do when you're not writing?Read. I LOVE to read a good story. Other than that I love bomb fires in the winter and floating in the lake in the summer. My husband and kids are a hoot. Their sense of humor can entertain me always. Example? The character Whit, in Blue Waters, her fun side is created of one of my teenagers. She’s my rebel without a cause and a complete nut!
9.  What does your family think of your writing?Now they love it. Before, it was very hard to adjust to. They lost a part of my to writing as I became consumed into my work. They paid heavy prices for the stories my readers love.
10.             What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?That my imagination is limitless. That I have so much to say. I knew my heart was deep but learned it is bottomless.
11.             How many books have you written? Which is your favorite?Umm, I’ve only published 6 so far but I’ve written about 20 with another 20 waiting for me to get back to them. The way my next release are scheduled out, I won’t get to the next 20 for about 2 years.
12.             Do you have any suggestions to help me become a better writer? I was told once, “Keep writing. There is a lot to be learned in the process.” They were so right. I didn’t have the money for writing classes so I had to teach myself. Write, rewrite, read my own work, then rewrite again.
13.             Do you hear from your readers much? Yes! Such a treat! What kinds of things do they say?Well, I write about heavy subjects. Abuse, human trafficking… so, I get a lot of readers who reach out to talk about their experiences. So many brave victims have opened up to me, thankful to learn they are not alone.
14.             Do you like to create books for adults?I write YA and NA.
15.             What do you think makes a good story?Heart and characters. Period the end. If you lack heart, you lack connection. Not all my stories have an original idea. Steal Me for example is very everyday stuff but has become a favorite book for many. I believe it is because of my characters. They are exposed and raw with relatable flaws. Now in Rain, I’ve invented a species. Rain is more of an original idea but I still think my characters carry the story.
16.             As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?Sing. I’m no Whitney Houston, nor will I ever be, but damn I sure love to sing.
17.             What Would you like my readers to know?That they rock for supporting you. Unless you write, you are clueless to the sweat and tears that goes into this line of work. So, yeah, I’d want them to know they rock.




 Visit her at:
 Website: http://www.indiaradams.com/
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IndiaRAdams 
 Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheIndiaRAdams
 Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/India-R-Adams/e/B01BLPKULQ

  UFB ~ Banner 2017.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment