Saturday, October 22, 2016

Live Life on Purpose by Rachael L. Thompson Interview





Book Genre: Self-Help/ Career & Business Advice
Publisher: Mind Body & Spirit Entrepreneur
Release Date: September 29, 2016
Buy Link(s): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LDWGNOA

Book Description:

What is Your Life Purpose?

Are you looking to find the answer to the age-old question “What the hell should I do with my life”? Do you want to find work that simply makes you happy? Are you sick of dreading each day and only living for the weekends? If your current job situation does not bring you happiness but you do not know how to fix it, this book will help answer all of your questions. It will not, however, answer these questions in a typical fashion. It is not going to give you a personality test or an aptitude assessment. You're not going to find a list of career or business options that you could try. This book dives much deeper than other typical career or business books you will find. The theory behind this book is that one must unlearn everything he or she has been taught before being able to authentically explore the best business or career choice.

How this book is different than typical career guides or business books: Clothing Analogy

Imagine you are asked to find one outfit to wear the rest of your life. Would you rather choose from a pre-filled closet or have your apparel custom-made? With other books, you are essentially looking in a closet full of different clothes and picking out the best option; it may not be your favorite color or fit just right but it will do. In this book, you will design your perfect ensemble

The book is structured into three parts:

The first section describes and gives examples of psychological concepts to explain how you have been shaped and exactly why you are in your current situation.
The second part is all about relearning how to live and think authentically. This is where you begin to explore and research, with fresh eyes, the best business or career choice for you.
The third part is focused solely on techniques that you can apply to assist in this process. Complex theories are broken down into simple steps, with examples to help explain how to apply these concepts in your own life.
Whether you want to find the perfect job, or start your perfect business, it will guide you through each step necessary to reach a life of happiness and fulfillment.

Sneak Peek at Everything that will be Covered:

Each of the following topics will be broken down into simple, easy-to-understand explanations and steps.

  • Psychological Learning Principals
  • Societal Norms and How They Affect You
  • Understanding Your Underlying Beliefs
  • Subconscious Structuring and Restructuring
  • Psychological Theories (Cognitive Bias, Distortions, Effects of the Ego)
  • Decision-Making Theories
  • Techniques to Explore Ideal Career or Business
  • Research Techniques
  • Goal Setting and Planning Strategies
  • Journaling Techniques
  • Affirmations
  • 6 Powerful Meditation Techniques (Mindfulness, Neuro Linguistic Programming, Imprinting Beliefs)
  • Visualization and Manifesting (Law of Attraction) Techniques
  • How to Find a Support System

Picture

Interview:
Where are you from?
I live in Charlotte, NC. I grew up in Pittsburgh and Ohio. Went to Ohio State for undergrad and grad school (Go Bucks!)

Tell us your latest news?
I am taking a bit of a break from writing books (although I am bursting with ideas, so we will see how long I can hold off…). Instead am focusing on a course that will help people change their mindset so they can achieve the success, job, abundance, relationships and/or self-confidence they desire. It will be a 10 day challenge that involves meditations, and a variety of activities that have been shown to drastically improve mood, happiness, and increase long-term chances of success.   


What inspired you to write your first book?
My first book was actually a dog book, titled “Dogs: 101 Facts, Tips and Stories You Didn’t Know”, and was a blast to research and write. It was perfect to get my feet wet and understand the book creation and publishing process. Since this book, I have mainly focused on self-help and business books. My first self-help/business book was inspired by a conversation I had with my sister who desperately wanted to find a job or business that would truly make her happy. I had already started one business and was in the process of starting my second, so I knew I could help her. We talked a lot about researching her perfect business and some things that she could start that day to take her in the right direction. At the end of the conversation, she said to me “Wow, you know so much!” Until this point, I was only interested in gaining knowledge for myself. After she said that to me, I realized I could help so many if I put what I had learned into an easy-to-follow book. I understood what it felt like to start from zero, without any business knowledge, and build a business and I wanted to help and inspire others, just like my sister, to do the same.   

How did you come up with the title?
The title for my current book was inspired by a coffee mug, yes a coffee mug… I saw one online that said, Life on Purpose. I was in the beginning stages of writing my book and loved this saying. I knew I had to incorporate it, somehow, into my title. I came up with the full title “Live Life On Purpose: Discover What You Were Born to Do” to let my readers know that they can take back control of their lives and live everyday on purpose. Far too many people fall into a job that they do not enjoy and feel stuck. It is an awful feeling to live without a true sense of purpose. Before I started my entrepreneur journey, I felt exactly this way. Every Monday just began the countdown to the weekend. This is no way to live and I believe that anyone can take back control at any time, if they are given the right tools to do so.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
You can find your life purpose. Everyone has amazing gifts and talents that are stifled and sadly many die without having ever shared these gifts with the world. I do not want to sound morbid, but I think that life needs to be put into perspective. We only have a limited amount of time, and my personal mission (my life purpose) is to help others live the happiest and most successful lives they can. It pains me, literally, when I hear people talk about how they dislike their lives but cannot see anyway to change them. The problem is that many of our perceived barriers are placed on us my societal pressures and our own mental prisons. For this reason, much of my book focuses on thinking patters, conditioned beliefs, and decision-making mistakes that hold people back. Only after clearing out all of the metal junk and saying screw societal norms, can people take that first step to fulfilling their true purpose.  

What books have most influenced your life most?

I have one book that I credit for giving me the guts to start my entrepreneur journey; it is called, “The Freaks Shall Inherit the Earth: Entrepreneurship for Weirdos, Misfits, and World Dominators” by Chris Brogan. My fiancĂ© and I were having a conversation about me starting my own business and we took a trip to the library to check out some business books. The thought was exciting, but this excitement was being combatted with fear and doubt. This doubt only increased as I searched through all the business books. Every book seemed so dry and boring and I had a reel of thoughts saying “This is not for you. You are not a business owner. You cannot understand this stuff. This will be too hard.” When I came across this particular book, however, it gave me a little hope. I read it and was encouraged enough by the stories and advice to enroll in a business startup program. The rest is history…
Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?
A fairly new author, yet a seasoned entrepreneur, who inspires me is Pat Flynn. His recent book “Will It Fly?” talks all about testing out different business ideas. I love his attitude, the way that he is raising his children to become little entrepreneurs, and his focus on giving back and serving his community. 
What are your current projects?
As I mentioned, my main focus is my 10 Day Mindset Makeover Course. In addition, I plan to create guided meditations that I will make available online. I am also working to beef up my website. As I went through my journey of discovering my life purpose, I relied heavily on free information I found online. It is my turn to pass this forward. I plan to give my readers a lot of free information, through my blog and eventually a YouTube channel.
What would you like my readers to know?
If anyone reading this feels stuck and desires more out of life, I want you to know that you can find and achieve your life purpose. Read books, watch inspirational videos, talk to a coach or a counselor, get an online course, or simply go to your local library and look for groups and classes available. Just take one step today to help you figure out what it is that will fulfill you and learn how to get there. I was in your shoes. I used to think that only other people could have dream jobs and wonderful lives, not me. This is the worst lie you can tell yourself. The world was not made only for other people; it was made for you. Take advantage of your time here on earth and do everything you can to live without any regret.  




Follow The Tour Here



Do you ever wonder your purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment