Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Deer with the Purple Nose by Wayne Brillhart Review


WAN Lee Publishing
A children's mystery book with 100% photographs on glossy pages. Two English Setters, Rusty and Purdy, seek the birds' help to find out how the deer got a purple nose. Children learn bird recognition while solving the mystery. Glossary in back with information on each of the ten birds in the story.

---

Author Bio:

Wayne L. Brillhart has over 20 years experience in education including a stint as a Reading Center Director where he created a program guaranteeing at least a full year grade level improvement in reading in 6 weeks. As an award winning photographer Brillhart has authored
two children’s books with his photographs and is working on third due in November to help parents create interest in reading and nature. His books follow his CAMIL learning methodology.
Curiosity gets
Attention, then
Motivates so when
Involved
Learning takes place..
Author Website: The Bird Books
My Review:
I loved this book! It had everything that a great children's story should. It had great pictures, great information, and a great mystery to keep children interested. It was also not overbearing. I liked that it had different levels that I could read along with my niece and nephew. In the beginning they recognized the colors, then the animals and as they learned to read more and more, they understood more and more words. The glossary is great if you want to add science as well. I also think that this would be a great book for thematic units. Including but limited to, nature walks, animals, wildlife, and birds. You can also make a recipe and get in cooking! I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment