About the Book
Whispers in the Reading Room (Zondervan, November 2015)
Lydia’s job at the library is her world—until a mysterious patron catches her eye . . . and perhaps her heart.
Just months after the closure of the Chicago World’s Fair, librarian Lydia Bancroft finds herself fascinated by a mysterious dark-haired and dark-eyed patron. He has never given her his name; he actually never speaks to a single person. All she knows about him is that he loves books as much as she does.
Only when he rescues her in the lobby of the Hartman Hotel does she discover that his name is Sebastian Marks. She also discovers that he lives at the top of the prestigious hotel and that most everyone in Chicago is intrigued by him.
Lydia and Sebastian form a fragile friendship, but when she discovers that Mr. Marks isn’t merely a very wealthy gentleman, but also the proprietor of an infamous saloon and gambling club, she is shocked.
Lydia insists on visiting the club one fateful night and suddenly is a suspect to a murder. She must determine who she can trust, who is innocent, and if Sebastian Marks—the man so many people fear—is actually everything her heart believes him to be.
Learn more and purchase a copy.
Shelley Shepard Gray
Shelley Gray is the author of The Heart of a Hero series. Her Amish novel (written as Shelley Shepard Gray), "The Protector," recently made the New York Times best seller list. A native of Texas, she earned her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Colorado and taught school for ten years. She and her husband have two children and live in Southern Ohio.
- Whispers in the Reading Room by Shelley Gray
- A Wedding at the Orange Blossom Inn by Shelley Shepard Gray | Blog Tour and Book Giveaway
- The Proposal at Siesta Key by Shelley Shepard Gray | Blog Tour and Book Giveaway
- The Promise of Palm Grove by Shelley Shepard Gray | Blog Tour and Book Giveaway
- Joyful by Shelley Shepard Gray | Blog Tour and Book Giveaway
- Thankful by Shelley Shepard Gray | Book Giveaway and Blog Tour
- Hopeful by Shelley Shepard Gray | Book Giveaway and Blog Tour
- Eventide by Shelley Shepard Gray | Book Giveaway and Blog Tour
I love to read, and I would love to have a library like Lydia's. I was a little surprised that she decided to go to the saloon and knew that she was going to get into trouble. However as more characters were introduced I realized that there was a lot more at stake. Not to mention a budding romance. I liked everything about this book, and can not wait to read more. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.