Tuesday, April 14, 2015

A Fright to the Death by Dawn Eastman Review & Interview


FREIGHT TO THE DEATH large banner640

A Fright to the Death
by Dawn Eastman

If I had to use one word to describe this book that word would be fun. The setting, the characters and the mystery were all very much enjoyable.
~I Wish I Lived In a Library
This was a cute book. It has all the elements of a great Cozy, A quirky cast of characters, A charming location, knitting, and of course dogs and a cat.
~Tea and A Book
A Fright to the Death has a lot going for it! Besides the psychic aspect of the series, which is always a lot of fun, this book takes place in a Victorian “castle” hotel of the sort I’ve always wanted to stay in – and there’s a knitter’s conference going on at the same time. That hits four of my interests right there – knitting, mystery, Victorian architecture, and a touch of the paranormal. Small wonder that I jumped on the chance to do this tour!
~The Bookwyrm’s Hoard
The characters continue to make me smile. Mac’s mom added some normality to help balance out all of Clyde’s family wackiness. This was a nice addition to the series. I am giving A Fright to Death, 5 stars. As an added bonus, I just love the covers!
~Musings and Ramblings
This was my favorite Eastman yet! … A great cozy mystery that will keep you guessing as you meet suspect after suspect, I can’t recommend this series enough. Perfect for cuddling on the couch with a cup of tea…A Fright to the Death will leave you feeling warm and satisfied and itching for the next book in the series.
~Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf
Dawn Eastman is a phenomenal writer who can draw her readers in and leave them in suspense until the very end. It is rare that an author can do that.
~Girl Lost in a Book
A Fright to the Death is a hauntingly fun mystery filled with thrills and chills, that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
~Books-n-Kisses
This story is full of twists and turns and will keep you up long into the night trying to find out what happens next.
~Griperang’s Bookmarks
COVERA Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery)
Cozy Mystery
Mass Market Paperback: 304 pages
Publisher: Berkley (April 7, 2015)
ISBN-13: 978-0425264485
E-Book ASIN: B00LMGK3WG
goodreads-badge-add-plus

Synopsis
From the author of Be Careful What You Witch For, here is the newest Family Fortune Mystery, starring former cop Clyde Fortune, who—snowbound with her kooky family in a creepy castle—is climbing the walls and combing the halls, looking for a cold-blooded killer…
After their flight to Mexico is cancelled, Clyde and her detective boyfriend, Mac, end up snowed in with their families at a supposedly haunted hotel. Clyde’s tarot card reading mother, Rose, is making dire predictions for the weekend, and self-proclaimed pet psychic Aunt Vi is enchanted by the legend of the hotel’s ghost—until the power goes out and a body turns up.
With a hotel full of stranded suspects, Clyde will have to draw on all her skills—both the police ones she’d rather forget and the psychic ones she’d rather ignore—to solve the bone-chilling mystery before someone else gets iced…
headshot dawn eastmanAbout This Author
When I was ten years old, my two favorite things were climbing trees and reading. As a bonus, I discovered if I combined the two, I could hide from my mother when she wanted me to clean my room. Nancy Drew and I spent many afternoons solving crimes and avoiding chores. Eventually, I moved on to Hercule Poirot, Sherlock Holmes, and Stephanie Plum. I improved my housework-dodging ploys.
After many years in Michigan, I now live in Iowa with my husband, son and daughter. When I’m not writing or chauffeuring kids, I keep busy catering to the whims of a bossy bichon-shih tzu mix who wants to rule the world.


Interview

Where are you from?
I was born in New York, currently live in Iowa, but consider Michigan home.

Tell us your latest news?
A Fright to the Death was released on April 7. It is the third book in the Family Fortune Mystery series. Book 4 will be released in April 2016.

When and why did you begin writing?
I began writing as a child because I loved reading and it looked like the best job in the world.

When did you first consider yourself a writer?
In my early twenties when I realized I was always plotting something or writing something and that this wasn’t normal behavior.

What inspired you to write your first book?
The first book that was published was inspired by my love of cozy mysteries and the desire to write something fun.

Do you have a specific writing style?
My cozies tend to be light, funny, and quirky.

How did you come up with the title?
I have my publisher to thank for the title. Berkley has a wonderfully clever department that always comes up with great titles.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Mostly my books are about tolerance and family.

What would you like my readers to know?
I love to hear from readers and I am so grateful when they choose to spend some of their precious free time with the Fortune Family.

Author Links:
Twitter – @DawnAEastman
Purchase Links
Amazon     B&N      Book Depository     Kobo     Google Play
My Review:
I thought that this was interesting to be stuck in a haunted hotel. Clyde was my favorite character and I loved that she had psychic abilities. Her ancestors did as well. I really liked the mysterious passageway as well. I always wanted a house that had one! The murderer is not who I expected. I also LOVE the dog on the cover, and think that it might be a Shih Tzu! I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment