Saturday, March 28, 2015

The Awakening of Abraham Brown by Graeme Richard Smith Review


Abraham Brown, Patch Hancock and Indigo Templeton are three American servicemen, separated from their platoon, biding their time in southern France during the Second World War, when they are captured by a group of Renegade Nazi soldiers. This is a meeting that will change the lives of all three men, their captors, and those of the many people they will encounter in the days, weeks and years following that fateful day.

Abraham and his two compatriots manage to escape from their bonds, into an adventure which is both violent and spiritual, causing each man to examine his inner self and become closer to his associates. The people they meet, including those who may not survive, will affect them all profoundly, and even shape the strategies of entire countries.

My Review;
This is a book that is close to my heart. My Great Uncle was a Prisoner of War during World War II, and the Battle of the Bulge. Because he was captured, they sent my grandfather home, and a few years later he had my mom. I completely understand about chance encounters and how every action has a reaction. That is what I think this book is about. How soldiers give their lives for our freedom and they risk it all. Their lives and their futures are only part of what they risk. I love the quote "Freedom isn't Free". I also recently learned the story behind the Star Spangled Banner, and This book made me think of all the different things that can happen to a soldier and all the different people that they can meet. This book is a great read about family. A soldiers family with his fellow soldiers, with his country and with his relatives. I am giving this book a 5/5. I was given a copy to review, from RMS, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment