Sunday, November 9, 2014

WWIV Kids At War by E. A. Lake Review


Synopsis

Almost six years since an unknown event plunged the world into darkness, humanity continues to crumble. Times have worsened as the remaining fuel and valuable resources – fresh food and water – are long gone. Chances of recovery have all but disappeared; chances of survival seem grim. 

In a plan so backward, so unlikely to have any success, the militia of the Milwaukee area take a young nun, five teens, and a set of five “special packages” into the barren farmland of south-central Wisconsin. There, with little more than themselves for support, they are to live, to grow, and perhaps even prosper. Or maybe the militia has just removed a problem they chose not to deal with. 

With the help of new – yet strange – friends, their journey begins. But trouble finds them, even against their greatest hopes and fervent prayers. Worse, the militia has purchased help from a drunken recluse who may prove to be their greatest trouble of all. 

The second book of our greatest war, our battle for survival, begins: WWIV – Kids at War. 

Purchase on Amazon



The Author

EA's Website / Goodreads / Facebook / Twitter

I write dystopian. It's dark, yet fun to play with.

WWIV - In The Beginning is my debut novel.

Trying to get this junk in my head, down on pages. Those pages become chapters. The chapters become a manuscript. The manuscript becomes a novel. Sounds easy enough.

I am an author and my pen name is e a lake. The e and the a mean nothing. So please just call me lake.

Not everything in dystopian writing has to be dark and dreary. I try to create post -apocalyptic situations that will challenge the reader to really believe that the events in my novels could happen.

The best part of my genre? Who needs antagonists when the landscape surrounding my protagonist is so bad. You just have to love this stuff.

My favorites are the usual list of suspects. Orwell, Bradbury, Stephen King, Vince Flynn, and James Patterson.

I'm not all that scary. Father to three, grandfather to two (three in April 2014). Just a regular guy.

Follow the entire Kids At War tour HERE


Brought to you by Worldwind Virtual Book Tours

My Review:
This was a great dystopian tale. What I liked is that the author choose to have 5 teens and a nun be the "saviors" and to start a new and better life. It was interesting why these people were chosen. The ending made me smile and I liked that the story came full circle. The author did a great job of describing the characters and what they were doing. I am giving this book a 4/5. I was given a copy to review, however all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment